Plus size clothing/ sportsbra????

Options
Ok. I really need help! I have been walking 20-25 miles per week for over a month now and have finally been able to start running. the problem is that yoga pants and regular bra let all the flab move to the point of being painful. can anyone help with where i can find quality running clothing in plus sizes?? i am a six foot tall woman, my bra size is 40ddd and wearing size 18. any help would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• Valkyriewoman
    Valkyriewoman Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    try just my size dot com
  • Balice57
    Balice57 Posts: 125
    Options
    Check out "Just My Size" for bras - they are website only. I've gotten some nice yoga pants at Old Navy - they have plus sizes online.
  • pattydi
    pattydi Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I would try Lane Bryant, they have really nice bras and if you can't get your size in a store, you can order on line. Check out their web sight and see if there is anything you may like. I'm almost 100% sure that they sell sports bras.
  • 2hungariangirls
    Options
    Walmart carries Just My Size. I'd say Catherine's or Lane Bryant.
  • amazon75
    amazon75 Posts: 165
    Options
    If you're running, you should get some type of compression wear. It'll hold everything in tight.

Also, check out www.onestopplus.com for a sportsbra.
  • priescm
    priescm Posts: 95
    Options
    I really like lane bryant for my bras...
    Unfortunately, I haven't found a sports bra that does the job all by itself when it comes to running, so I wear my normal "t-shirt" bra and then a super high impact sports bra over it. It works for me...not the best thing ever, but it is better than one or the other. I am a 40DD. Keeps my girls up and compressed so they aren't swinging around. I usually wear the "back smoothing" bra from lane bryant underneat the sports bra. :)
  • rsmblue
    rsmblue Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Personally I love JCPenney for workout clothes. They are great
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Bump. Good question!
  • boodlelibra
    boodlelibra Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Roaman's, activasports.com or biggerbras.com have a good selection. I've yet to find a sports bra that I'm comfortable running in - I double up with a Goddess 90607and a Glamorise 2459. I look like a football player but they hold the girls steady.
  • bethieannie
    bethieannie Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    glamorize sports bra at womenwithin.com

they offer extended sizes, with a cup size up to G. I found that the band size ran a little bit small, but other than that they are great. I have NEVER had a sports bra that offers this much support. I can do high impact zumba and run with no discomfort!

http://www.womanwithin.com/clothing/Seamless-Sports-Bra-by-Sport-Magic-Lift-by-Glamorise.aspx?PfId=58254&DeptId=11119&ProductTypeId=1
  • paradocsm
    paradocsm Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Enell.
  • sachsmelissa
    Options
    i dont know what size these bras go up to but they work great and for the first time in my life i dont have back pain from running, they are definitely worth the cost. i am a 34dd. moving comfort style 350032 and 350003, the first offers more support
  • Sugoiharris
    Sugoiharris Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I double up on my bra's, I wear a non wire t-shirt bra that I get from lane byrant then I put on a sports bra that is one size too small.
  • bjfrezell
    bjfrezell Posts: 241
    Options
    Moving Comfort, Champion, and Enell all have some great bras with excellent support. They can be pricey, but SO WORTH IT! I tend to buy moving comfort and I like to get last season's colors because they are cheaper.
  • zebramama84
    zebramama84 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I JUST GOT THE MOST AMAZING WORKOUT CLOTHES !!!!!!!!!!!!! I BOUGHT SOME BRAND IS "GO FIGURE" AND THEY ARE AMAZING !!!!! I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH HOW AMAZINGTHEY ARE, THEY FEEL SOOO GOOD DONT RIDE OR CHAFE !!!!
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    i get the majority of my workout clothes at Old Navy. they also have a plus size section but it's online only.
  • arfdemob5
    arfdemob5 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the help ladies!!!!