Help! Mashed Potatoes/Cauliflower

Options
Charlie175
Charlie175 Posts: 232 Member
I'm going to a potluck turkey dinner tonight (7 people) and just found out I need to bring mashed potatoes. Problem? I'm up in a fly-in community up north where I bring all my groceries with me, didn't bring potatoes and the store is closed (and potatoes would probably set me back 15$ anyway)

This is what I've got on hand

3/4 head of cauliflower
1/2 container Philly herb and garlic low fat cream cheese
some milk
3 potatoes (given to me)
various spices in the cupboard

If I were to just mix all these together, do you think I would get something close to mashed potatoes in taste and enough for 7 people? Or should I go potato begging?

Replies

• ZumbaLin
    ZumbaLin Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    SOunds Very good. Go for it!! I've used both
  • SarahARodgers
    SarahARodgers Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It should work out no problem. Having the mix of cauliflower / potato should make the consistency more potato-like. Potato begging shouldn't be necessary.

Northern Stores really need better hours (and prices), don't they?! (I speak from having lived in the same situation for a few years).

Hope the experiment went well.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Use what you have. The cauliflower will give an interesting taste and dilute the calories/carbs.
  • cbarzee
    cbarzee Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I make that all the time, Only diffrence is I roast the cauliflower with a little garlic powder on it for about 20 mins at 425 and mix in a little chicken broth to thin it out, Process it all in the blender or food processor my kids even like it, The small amount of potatoes helps with the texture but no need for more potatoes.