This one is for the newbies.... YOU CAN DO THIS!

Options
Feeling down the last few days about how little weight I have dropped... I have been really working hard. And thought it must be all in vain...that I cant do this... until I looked at my picture that started this transformation....I cant believe how much my body has changed in such a small period of time...

I have a long way to go... but definitely feeling better seeing my before ( look for yourself...) So.. I encourage all of the newbies to take a before pic... no matter how hard it is to see yourself... and when you get discouraged in the weeks to come...check out your picture...I am living proof that a fluffy...middle-aged... very un motivated for change...chick can reclaim their lives!

Replies

• docdrd
    docdrd Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Thank you for writing this. It is frustrating to be good all week, stick to calorie counts and exercise and NOT see the scale move (that week). We should all be taking a somewhat long term view. Cheers!
  • AvonLucyR
    AvonLucyR Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Your pictures look like a lot more than 13 lbs down!! You must be working out really well! Would be good for newbies to see where you started. Your current pic looks so skinny!! (not that you were obese to start with) :flowerforyou:
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    Its so hard to not see anything on the scale... I guess we are programmed that success is only a number....I have started this journey as a complete "virgin"... I have never exercised and have never watched what i ate.... I have been hard at it for 6 weeks... and still have a long ways to go. But I would encourage those that are struggling with the scale and wondering if its worth it to check out my pictures... I have a before picture ( that I didnt know was going to be a before) that I am smiling, happy as I can be...and then theres todays picture...HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY! Again... no haters...I know that I have a ways to go...this is for the new people that feel like giving up...It makes a difference in every effort you do... so just do it!
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Agree and take measurements!!!!
  • sthrnchick
    Options
    I have to laugh that you say I am skinny... check out my pics from 2 months ago... I look pregnant! I have been working out really hard... btw... might I add... all at home...not a single gym visit! So, I promise... if I can get started and start making progress so quickly... you can too!
  • sthrnchick
    Options
    Measurements are an awesome way to see results!
  • sthrnchick
    Options
    Thank you for writing this. It is frustrating to be good all week, stick to calorie counts and exercise and NOT see the scale move (that week). We should all be taking a somewhat long term view. Cheers!

Its all about long term! I know I didnt get this way overnight...and its not gonna be overnight when i am thin..its about wanting this more than anything and just doing it!
  • FitterGill
    FitterGill Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You look amazing - really fit and healthy. To be honest, you don't look like you need to lose any more weight - look at that toned, flat tum :)

Gillian
  • sthrnchick
    Options
    You look amazing - really fit and healthy. To be honest, you don't look like you need to lose any more weight - look at that toned, flat tum :)

Gillian

You are so sweet! I needed that motivation on Monday morning! I do have about 20 pounds ( give or take) to go... I am not really too worried about what weight I end up at...I am going more on how I look and better yet- how I feel!

My stomach is getting much better...but not thereyet by any means! My 'gut"... the front of my stomach has responded a lot slower than my "love handles"...which is what i took the pic for... I am very proud of the changes I have made for me...and I hope each of you stay motivated!