New and in need of a support group!

Hi all,

This is my second time back on myfitnesspal.com/iPhone app. The first time I did it I lost 15 pounds, but over the last year they've come back!

I think what I need is to be more active on these message boards, which I was not the first time around.

My current plan is to lose about 40 pounds in the next year. I'm calling this my "Japan Diet" because I will be heading over there to meet my boyfriend's entire family. Not that that's the only reason why I should be losing weight... I've been overweight all my life!! Seriously.

Let's all do this together! :happy:

Replies

• jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Feel free to add me if you'd like...

I tried MFP several times and always lost interest after a week or two, but like you wasn't using the interactive portion of the site...

Now, I've been on every day for the past 60 days (way more than Facebook!) and I feel like I'm actually making changes I can sustain rather than just counting calories.

I would suggest using the website if you can as you have access to more on the web than on the app -- though it may depend on which phone you use... I have an iPhone and can't access forums, but if you've posted a forum from your phone maybe your app is cooler than mine ;-p

At any rate, good luck to you! I hope you find the "friends" and "forums" features inspiring.
    All the best,
    Jen

P.S... Nevermind! I just re-read your original post and realize that you're using the website and the app. I wish MFP would let you see the original post while you are doing your reply!

Also... I try to keep my feedback positive and I try to comment almost everyday.
  • Krissy366
    Krissy366 Posts: 458 Member

I would suggest using the website if you can as you have access to more on the web than on the app -- though it may depend on which phone you use... I have an iPhone and can't access forums, but if you've posted a forum from your phone maybe your app is cooler than mine ;-p

I have a Droid and while I can't access the forums through the App, I can through the regular web browser on the phone. Just a thought. :-)
  • rwong53
    rwong53 Posts: 43 Member
    Please add me...i'm in need of some good support and would like to provide you some, as well.
  • skinnylove912
    skinnylove912 Posts: 19 Member
    We're in the same boat! I lost 13 lbs last summer and have gained back more than (special thanks to vacation for that)
    This is also my second time around too but maybe the second time's the charm :)
  • dellashanks
    dellashanks Posts: 207 Member
    Feel free to add me! I've only been here 2 weeks and welcome any extra support I can get. I really like the community here and find I use this more than anything else. so, anyone who feels like they need some support can add me as well! Welcome back!