zero calorie pasta?!

Options
edith_t
edith_t Posts: 109 Member
was just having a browse around the internet and stumbled upon this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Eat-Water-calorie-pasta-noodles/dp/B006NXZFGM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334506677&sr=8-1

it seems so odd! has anyone tried this?! i did a quick search of forums but couldn't see any posts about it...sorry if this has been mentioned before :)

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Looks like Shiritaki noodles to me. Do a search for that. (I love them)

(edited for spelling)
  • edith_t
    edith_t Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    oo thanks. what do they taste like?
  • mum32008
    mum32008 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Looks like Shiritake noodles to me. Do a search for that. (I love them)

heard people mention these on here before but i have never heard of them until then, thinking they may have to go on my shopping list:smile:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    oo thanks. what do they taste like?
    After they are well rinsed and then cooked? To me they taste just like ramen. I've only tried a few kinds, and haven't done much with them but I love em.

Here's a recipe page:
    http://shirataki-noodles.recipesilove.com/
  • sheilsun
    sheilsun Posts: 47
    Options
    Edith, what you have posted is just a copy of Miracle Noodle!
  • StrasseLäufer_DKL
    Options
    I just bought some on amazon...dying to try them... I think we will use them to add bulk to mongolian night! I heard they work best with asian recipes, not so much as a spaghetti sustitute. The reviewers said they kind of taste like whatever you cook them in.
  • Masterdo
    Masterdo Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I you want, you can also try "spaghetti squash". It's a vegetable similar to a pumpkin. But when you bake it, the inside becomes very similar to spaghetti. Tastes good with tomato sauce and for example, I had 270g of it for supper, 73 calories... That was a TON of "pastas" really, not bad on fiber count either, though of course less than regular brown pasta...

Give it a try :p
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    I just bought some on amazon...dying to try them... I think we will use them to add bulk to mongolian night! I heard they work best with asian recipes, not so much as a spaghetti sustitute. The reviewers said they kind of taste like whatever you cook them in.
    I've found that the glass ones (the yam ones) work best in asian dishes. The tofu ones have a ramen consistency and work fine in italian dishes.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I've found that the glass ones (the yam ones) work best in asian dishes. The tofu ones have a ramen consistency and work fine in italian dishes.

The tofu-shirataki work excellent if you want a traditional japanese ramen bowl, most mongolian-style stir-fry meals, and most traditional chinese noodle bowls as well.

The Yam-flour (0 calories) I find work great in just about anything. They make a great bowl of Pho.

But, you have to really be interested in doing the food prep that is involved if you enjoy true authentic foods like this. I could live in my kitchen just prepping and creating (too many years working as a chef)...
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I eat Miracle Rice & NOoodle & love them. I get them at a place called Central Market. Have used with spagetti sauce & as asian food and tastes good. When u first open the package they have a fishy smell but I rince them really well under running water then I blanch in boiling water for about 1 min then add to ur favorite dish. Enjoy :)