zumba

Options
does anyone have any idea how many calories ZUMBA burns. Its 60 minutes and I look like I just got out of the shower....thats how much I sweat.....LOL:laugh:

Replies

• zumba
    zumba Posts: 4
    Options
    450-700 calories!!
  • princessra
    Options
    Seriuosly???? how did you find that....if you dont mind me asking.
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    depends on your stats [height, weight etc.... from talking to ppl with HRM someone in the 190 - 220 zone burns anywhere from 600-1000 cals...i log as 700 [i'm 220] and i don't eat ALL the exercise cals in case i am off :laugh: but i do eat a chunk of them :smile:
  • princessra
    Options
    WOW!!! Thanks!!
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    I love ZUMBA!!!

I usually burn from 550 - 650 at zumba.

It depends on Your heartrate. Also, I've read the more fit you are the less calories you burn.

I'm 5'4 159 lbs.
  • vctkell
    vctkell Posts: 41
    Options
    I had zumba last night but it was only 45 min. and I burned 430 calories. I had just purchased
    a heart monitor and it measures calories used. I am 5' 7" and weigh 145. All I could find on this site was for modern dance, ballroom, etc. and wasn't near the same amount of calories.
    zumba is wonderful !:glasses: :smile:
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    well darnit I need to do zumba :laugh: :laugh: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • abatres7
    abatres7 Posts: 146
    Options
    Sounds like I need to Zumba...
  • getfitter2009
    Options
    What is Zumba??????????
  • princessra
    Options
    its like a dance class. kind of like a mix between latin and hiphop....its so much fun!
  • nopeekiepeekie
    nopeekiepeekie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to start Zumba! Our class begins on the 9th of September. Yay!
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I miss Zumba:frown:

I hope that ours starts up again! We burned around 600 calories for an hour. Very fun way to workout!
  • SanDiegoUbermom
    SanDiegoUbermom Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Zumba---LOVE IT!! :love:

I started at my girls dance studio in April. We do more dance moves from what the instructor says but it's an hour of dance, sweat and fun that I could have ever imagined.

With my weight I could only do water aerobics. I did that twice a week and could see that my upper body was getting fit but nothing else.

My first month working out in Zumba; I lost 1 pound and 5.25 inches. In my second month I lost 4 pounds and 11 inches and at my third month I lost an additional 10.75 inches and 8 pounds. That’s a total of 13 pounds and 27 inches in 3 months!! :bigsmile:

None weight triumphs: Tightened my belt down 2 more holes, had to get my watch adjusted, clothes are loser, can’t wear my wedding ring, waist is down 2 inches and my bust 3 inches.

This is w/in the past 3 months—I can’t believe it. I never thought I would be able to do any kind of land exercise and not be in pain, did I mention it yet that I love it!! :heart: