93 lbs to go can I do it?

Options
So I've always been kinda overweight, but in the last few years I've gained a lot. At my worst I was 308lbs...for a guy that's only 5'6" it's a bit of an issue. A couple of years ago I went on the HCG diet, basically starving myself for 40 days (500 calories a day) and I lost a ton of weight really fast. I was down to about 270. But then I started having some health issues, heart related, that I think the rapid weight loss had a part in. Kinda bummed me out, it's like I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't. lol Anyway, I've tried some other things...Atkins, Weight Watchers, simply switching from regular soda to diet...and I see results with each of these things, but mostly I lack motivation. A friend sent me an invite to this site so I thought I'd try it out. I'm wanting to track my normal eating habits for a week or two, to get a base idea of what I'm doing, and then go from there. Any advice you guys (and ladies) have to offer would be much appreciated.

Replies

• LadyShlee
    Options
    Great job at continuing your journey to health! As long as everyone here has been mostly honest, it really works just logging your food and really utilizing this site. Never found an easier program that actually works for most that use it like this one. I am sure you can do it. My motto is, TAKE CARE OF YOU. If you keep that in mind, I am sure you will do it! Also, everyone here is so dang encouraging because they are all on the same journey. Really lean on the members here for support and you will get it. Good luck and proud of you for trying once again to take care of YOU!
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    There is nothing you can not do!!!! I had 96 to go at first (on here I had 89). Now I have 57 left! You can do it man! Feel free to add me if you'd like and we can encourage each other!
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    You can definitely do it! Just logging in and setting up an account is a good first step :) One thing at a time, you'll get there.
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Good for you, that you keep trying! That's me, I've tried this diet and that diet and would lose a little bit and then would ultimately give up. I have no willpower LOL! But honestly, I got on this site and I lost almost 40 lbs in about 5 months.This site does work. Seeing what you eat and how it eats up the calories is SO helpful with making better eating choices. And the people on here are terrific. So encouraging and friendly. They stand behind you and try to help you whether you're dropping weight or having a motivational problem. And they can help you get back on track. The best you can do is just take it one day at a time, and if you fall down, dust yourself off and get back up again. We are all behind you 110%. You can do this!