New mommy body!

Options
Hi I am 19 and I had my first baby last Sept. Not to say my body didn't take it too well... In two months I am going on a float trip and my body is NO WHERE near bikini ready. I am about 5'5 and weight 176 pounds. I started a 1200 calorie diet and do a Cardio workout and some sit ups every night. But I am afraid that I won't be ready. Even though my body carries weight well I still have a spare tire around the tummy area. Any Advice???

Replies

• GailEMac
    GailEMac Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Keep doing what you're doing, I think if you keep at it you'll see results soon! I too am trying to get rid of my muffin top after having my daughter 2 months ago :)
  • maharrod7
    maharrod7 Posts: 32
    Options
    I do am trying to get summer ready after having a little girl. I had her last July but I had prblems with my leg after giving birth and just got the ok to work. Keep doing what ur doing and u WILL see results! Good luck!!
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    My advice is to lift weights and eat your exercise calories...it works. Wishing you all the best! :flowerforyou:
  • AlanasMommy2011
    Options
    Thanks so much guys =) I appreciate the support and advice!!
  • BritSchuler
    Options
    My son was born November 2010. He's a year and a half and I am 5'5" and 177. And I'm 20! So I feel ya!! I'm getting started on getting into shape too!! So ready to be back to how I was... Took me way too long to get motivated and now I want it gone like... Yesterday!! Haha. Hang in there and if you need anything, just let me know!! =]]
  • AlanasMommy2011
    Options
    Aww wow we are right there with each other!! That is awesome <3 I will be 20 in less then a month!! I am rooting for you britt!! We can do this together!
  • PandyPayne
    Options
    Zumba
  • BritSchuler
    Options
    Thank you!! Same to you!! I just turned 20 in February, so we aren't that far apart!! What all are you doing to workout?? I'm don't really have time to GO to a gym, so I'm trying to bring the gym to me.. I'm looking at either getting an elliptical or a treadmill, but I don't know which one is better. I've also been doing sit ups, and different leg exercises, since that is my MAIN problem right now.
  • AlanasMommy2011
    Options
    I have been doing high knee marches and walking up and down my stairs. Also crunches and sit- ups another good advice is there are work out videos on youtube that you can look up that take you through the steps I don't have time for a gym either so I have just been trying to use my body and stuff I have to my access easily to do it!!
  • vyletbegood
    vyletbegood Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I do 1,000 sit ups, swim for half an hour and walk/jog two miles every day. It's a little extreme but it helped tone up my stomach really fast after I had my baby.
  • mslacimae1991
    mslacimae1991 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. I'm 21 and had my son October of 2010. I'm just now getting serious about losing this stubborn baby weight. I hate a c-section so my flab is awful! lol!
  • iwantniceabs
    iwantniceabs Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I recommend a book called CLEAN by Alejandro Junger - he has a (strict) eating program - but when I am following it closely, I see a huge difference in how I feel, and also in my weight, as well as seeing that extra inflammation/toxins your body likes to hold on to disappearing. But if you don't want to change what you eat, I'd say just stick to what you are doing - be patient :) Results will come!! Good luck!
  • BritSchuler
    Options
    I have looked at a few workout videos on youtube, but my computer is in my kitchen so I don't have much room to follow them, lol. I am hoping that once I get some kind of workout machine and add the exercises I've been doing as well, that this weight will start coming off faster. Right now it just doesn't seem to be doing the trick. Hopefully we can all get to our goal weights.. I wish there was a way to make it gone in a couple days instead of months.. Don't we all. Lol. But I'm ready to be supportive of anyone trying to lose weight and I'm here to talk!!! I can see that there is a big amount of support here too, which is great!! I know I'll need it!
  • AlanasMommy2011
    Options
    I have no rhythm and can't dance I have tried to figure the moves out but im just too white :(
  • AlanasMommy2011
    Options
    Lol yeah mine is in my bedroom and when people walk by I look ridiculous sometimes >.> But all I can think about is fitting into a bikini so I guess I will deal with it lol.. I know I wish my weight would fall off one day while I was sleeping lol
  • tifanieknode
    Options
    Hi I am 19 and I had my first baby last Sept. Not to say my body didn't take it too well... In two months I am going on a float trip and my body is NO WHERE near bikini ready. I am about 5'5 and weight 176 pounds. I started a 1200 calorie diet and do a Cardio workout and some sit ups every night. But I am afraid that I won't be ready. Even though my body carries weight well I still have a spare tire around the tummy area. Any Advice???

Hi, I'm 20, a mother of a 10 month old (june 2011) I'm also 5'5 and in the 170s area. If you feel like you won't be ready add walking to your exercise. Take your baby for a walk to get some fresh air. It will benefit both of you. (S)he will be well rested from being in the sun, and you'll be burning calories. If you have any tips on eating healthier feel free to share. So far I'm staying below or right at my calorie mark, but still unhealthy foods. Feel free to friend me ! We can help each other out (: