NSV - First Half Marathon

Options
While I have been a regular walker, I had not run before February (for many, many years) but took a challenge to join a friend in a women's half marathon in NYC this weekend - 1 week before my 48th birrthday. I finished in less than 3 hours!! I certainly did not run the whole thing but I did run parts and I kept going. And I kept thinking of my father - who had his first qunituple bypass 30 years ago - at the exact same age I am now.

Replies

• seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am 43 and my first Half is in 12 days!! :)
  • Eliannasmom
    Eliannasmom Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    what a great accomplishment!!!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    amazing!!! :) crossing the finish line the first time is AMAZING!
  • TooHott2Trott
    TooHott2Trott Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    That is TOTALLY AWESOME!!!! You should be very proud of yourself! I'd be wearing that metal around like a diamond necklace...
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congratulations! I'll be training for my first half later this year. I love hearing people's success stories. Thank you for sharing!
  • jmathews
    jmathews Posts: 196
    Options
    Congrats! I did my first half back in February and nothing compares to that feeling of crossing the finish line for the first time.
  • ktousi
    ktousi Posts: 8
    Options
    It is a great experience - and a wonderful feeling to finish. Good luck!!!
  • ygrad2001
    ygrad2001 Posts: 230
    Options
    That is beyond AWESOME!! Keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!