Motivation/Inspiration

Options
I'm curious what motivates and inspires all of you. I know, ultimately, we're all here to look and feel better, and to be healthier. But I'm talking about those days when you just really have to dig deep to find the strength to eat the right things and drag yourself out of bed. Those days when all you want to do is sleep that extra 2 hours, and then get up and eat a plate of pancakes an sausage. But you don't because you have that one thought in the back of your head, reminding you of your goals. What are those thoughts? What are those factors in your life that just drive you to be better, to want to be better, to be your best?

Is it a certain kind of music, or band?
Is it a special person in your life?
Is it an event you really want to attend?

I want to know....

Replies

• St3veDurb1n
    St3veDurb1n Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My motivation is my wife and daughter I want to get healthier for those
  • Princess_Sameen
    Princess_Sameen Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Mine is my horses I rescued the most gorgeous horse 2years ago and she has the all clear to be ridden but I am way to heavy for her! Plus want to feel comfortable riding my horses .....not measure who has the biggest back-side......to be far mine was bigger! :laugh:
  • BecCutting
    Options
    My ultimate motivation is my daughter; however, I have other motives as well. I am going to be going to the trip of my dreams and be meeting perhaps the man of my dreams, in September. So I 1. want to fit comfortably in the plane seats, 2. I want to not look like a blimp in my photos, and 3. I would like to have lost weight to try give the guy I am meeting a surprise.
  • BecCutting
    Options
    Mine is my horses I rescued the most gorgeous horse 2years ago and she has the all clear to be ridden but I am way to heavy for her! Plus want to feel comfortable riding my horses .....not measure who has the biggest back-side......to be far mine was bigger! :laugh:
    I would so love to ride a horse at least once in my life time. What a lovely motivation that is... and I and I had to literally lol at the back-side joke haha
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    If I want to keep going, I have to be working toward a goal. When I first began here, it was C25K. When I finished that, I immediately had to set another goal, or I wouldn't have a reason to run anymore. I began training for a half marathon. That went on for six months. When I ran the half marathon, I took two weeks off.. and then realized that if I didn't set another goal, I'd never have a reason to drag my sorry hind end out of the bed in the mornings to get my workouts in.. and if I don't get them in first thing, they fall to the bottom of the priority list (I'm *very* busy and highly in demand). So I began training for a couple of Warrior Dashes. I'm coming into the home stretch of that training, with my two dashes looming in 5 and 7 weeks respectively. I'm already looking past those runs (cause I know I'll crush them, but need to move on to something else immediately) to the next goal. I am fairly certain I'm going to take up half marathon training again, and that'll get me to October. Now I'm also beginning to contemplate what I'll do after October, and I'm pretty sure it'll be weight lifting for strength. So, in the short term and immediate future, there's always going to be a goal to motivate me.. I want to be the best I can be.. I want to post impressive PRs and dominate my particular field.. but in the even bigger and more long term picture, I set these goals so that I can keep working out, stay focused and remain healthy.
  • LadyElby
    LadyElby Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Ladymuscles, you have some fantastic mental strength to be able to set such high (but still doable) goals for yourself and keep up with them. Congrats on all you've accomplished thus far and I wish you all the luck in everything else you work towards in the future. That's fantastic!
  • LadyElby
    Options
    My ultimate motivation is my daughter; however, I have other motives as well. I am going to be going to the trip of my dreams and be meeting perhaps the man of my dreams, in September. So I 1. want to fit comfortably in the plane seats, 2. I want to not look like a blimp in my photos, and 3. I would like to have lost weight to try give the guy I am meeting a surprise.

What great motivations and things to look forward to. Did you meet him online?
  • LadyElby
    Options

Hahahah! That's a good, funny thought to keep in the back of your mind during your journey. Also really cool that you have horses. I've always kind of wanted to raise horses.....but I grew up in the suburbs (more on the city side)... although, everyday I'm looking for a way out. :tongue:
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    1) diabetes type II. got them, lost 100 lbs. and reversed it. no longer have it. doctor told me I can easily get it again so I keep going.
    2) people telling me I was too fat/heavy to run
    3) fit into clothes that I don't need to special order. I was a 5-6XL shirt wise. now I am down to 2XL. I still may sometimes need to special order from Big & Tall places since I am tall 6'3.
    4) tired of being ForeverAlone.jpg gain confidence. talk to girls. get a girlfriend. etc etc. I am shy to begin with and being fat doesn't help :laugh:
  • TheThinClub
    TheThinClub Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My motivation is to become a flyer in cheerleading again. And to be able to wear whatever I want to wear.
  • uraniavanyo
    uraniavanyo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    my motivation is me. I want to look good for me for my kids and I want to stay healthy. I want to be able to keep up with my kids, feel good and look healthy.. My family also has tons of history with diabetics and I was diabetic with one of my pregnancies, Keeping the weight off makes sure I dont become a diabetic again
  • KBside
    KBside Posts: 45
    Options
    My motivation is my health, husband and son! I want to live a healthy life and be around for them for a long time! = 0)
  • LadyElby
    Options
    1) diabetes type II. got them, lost 100 lbs. and reversed it. no longer have it. doctor told me I can easily get it again so I keep going.
    2) people telling me I was too fat/heavy to run
    3) fit into clothes that I don't need to special order. I was a 5-6XL shirt wise. now I am down to 2XL. I still may sometimes need to special order from Big & Tall places since I am tall 6'3.
    4) tired of being ForeverAlone.jpg gain confidence. talk to girls. get a girlfriend. etc etc. I am shy to begin with and being fat doesn't help :laugh:

Great inspirations! Congratulations on beating diabetes and keep up that great work!
  • LadyElby
    Options
    Thanks for posting everyone! I love reading all the responses. Anyone have a go-to song, artist or band that just really makes you want to push it even harder?
  • flipflopjulie
    Options
    Indigo Girls!