Looking for some FITBIT friends!

Options
Hi everyone,

Low 30's Aussie guy here...would love to have some new friends on FITBIT from anywhere. Only have one friend at the moment!

Any goal or challenge is fine!

My link to add me is http://www.fitbit.com/user/22ZBG8

Feel free to add me here to if you like :smile:

Replies

• MrsInmon
    MrsInmon Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I get mine on Tuesday!!
  • naomi8888
    naomi8888 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in Melbourne and I'm looking to buy a Fitbit soon. Did you just buy yours on Amazon? Any problems using it here?
  • solrak1969
    solrak1969 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Just got one today. ill try and add you if can get this thing working..
  • babybluz33
    babybluz33 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I'll add you on there, you'll be my very first fitbit friend :drinker:
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I love my Fitbit!!
  • Picturesque2u
    Picturesque2u Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've had mine for a week. I love how I can clip it and forget about it.

Add me! :)

It looks like I need the premium membership to add "nonfacebook" friends.... I'm not payingreally for that. Does anyone know how to a a new friend by user name?
  • Skelly5555
    Skelly5555 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Picturesque2u: I dont have premium membership but ive been able to add people if they copy the web address from their profile page eg mine is - http://www.fitbit.com/user/22ZBG8

Then there should be a big green button that says Add friend.

naomi8888: I just got mine off ebay. It was posted from Australian location and arrived brand new in box 1 day later. Havnt had any problems with it at all. Add me when you get one :)
  • jsp2374
    jsp2374 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm in southern NSW and have been using my Fitbit for a month now. I will try and figure out how to add you. Oh I got mine from Amazon, my husband has one as well. I just had to request a replacement wrist band for mine. Lost it somehow two weeks ago.

Jackie

Just sent you a friend request
  • victoriasnow
    victoriasnow Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    just got my fitbit not too long ago, love it!! feel free to add me! :)
  • wally1uk
    wally1uk Posts: 120
    Options
    Feel free to add me...I'm in the UK... http://www.fitbit.com/user/22YR2W
  • marzekiel
    marzekiel Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Fitbit friends are great to have, but in reality, they are "competitors." It's set up so you can see if you can best their score of steps. There's no communication between friends, and, if you want someone to write to you privately, you have to post your email on a public forum (all the fitbit community fora are public) where you will be unable to delete or edit the message ever. There is no private messaging.

For sharing and support, come here or go to LoseIt.com. Best of all, combine all three.

Oh yeah, I'm thrilled with Endomondo.com which tracks my walks on my GPS so I can view them and time them.
  • Skelly5555
    Options
    Fitbit friends are great to have, but in reality, they are "competitors." It's set up so you can see if you can best their score of steps. There's no communication between friends, and, if you want someone to write to you privately, you have to post your email on a public forum (all the fitbit community fora are public) where you will be unable to delete or edit the message ever. There is no private messaging.

For sharing and support, come here or go to LoseIt.com. Best of all, combine all three.

Oh yeah, I'm thrilled with Endomondo.com which tracks my walks on my GPS so I can view them and time them.

Thanks for the advice. I already use myfitnesspal and I am very happy with it. Now I have a Fitbit it will also good to have some Fitbit friends! Its nice to be able to see what other friends are up to and how well they are going. I am already amazed at the people who have added me and how many steps some of them have completed and also the climbing goals etc that they have achieved! It doesn't phase me that Im no longer no.1 on my leaderboard haha
  • sharonf1983
    sharonf1983 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    http://www.fitbit.com/user/22Y442 feel free to add me. Had my fitbit a week now and loving it
  • KBside
    KBside Posts: 45
    Options
    I just got my Fitbit on Saturday and already it is AWESOME! Yesterday while looking at my stats, I was so close to all my goals but not quit there so....at 10pm, I got my butt up and climbed stairs and got on the treadmill so I would hit all my goals! It was awesome seeing that I reached them for the day. What a little motivator it is! :happy: Would Love more friends as well, Im in it for the long haul and I WILL get there!
  • Shwauren
    Shwauren Posts: 5
    Options
  • Skelly5555
    Options
    solrak1969: Looks like you got it going.... already almost 80,000 steps~~

Shwauren : Thanks for adding me!

sharonf1983: Ive sent you a friend invite
  • Skelly5555
    Options
    Received your friend request. Thanks :)
  • sgall123
    sgall123 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Just ordered my fitbit would like some fb friends as have non ;((
  • mirjamFL
    mirjamFL Posts: 2
    Options
    Just got mine today! I'll add you once I figure out how. How does everyone feel about the FitBit??
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I've had mine for a few weeks. Very interesting results. But the scale still isn't moving.