Taebo?

Options
I'm looking for a DVD workout that I can do at home and still lose weight. I tried the 30 Day Shred but my bad knees were killing me after day 11. I kind of got bored with it too. I was wondering if anyone has had success with one of the 10$ Taebo DVDs at Walmart. I figure if I switch between my Taebo, 30 Day Shred and Zumba for the Wii, I won't get as bored.

Replies

• Bethyann7793
    Options
    I've been doing Billy Blank's Tae Bo insane abs and I love it :)
    its fun, and i feel like i get a really good work out from it.
    I did it all last summer with some other dvd's and i loved my abs :)
    Im starting it back up again now.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for a DVD workout that I can do at home and still lose weight. I tried the 30 Day Shred but my bad knees were killing me after day 11. I kind of got bored with it too. I was wondering if anyone has had success with one of the 10$ Taebo DVDs at Walmart. I figure if I switch between my Taebo, 30 Day Shred and Zumba for the Wii, I won't get as bored.

I'm a big fan of Tae Bo. If you are thinking about incorporating Tae Bo into your workout routine, I say go for it. I don't know which one you have seen at Walmart, but you can go to Collagevideo.com and type in Tae Bo and you will see the one that you have seen at workout. Preview it and see if it's something you want to do.
  • allisonrozsa
    allisonrozsa Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm a Tae Bo fan! It's great fun, and love Billy Blanks! If you say that your knees are hurting you, watch out because there is a lot of kicking and jumping (though I'm pretty sure the Insanity workout is more aggressive). You can always find TaeBo in your local library too if you want to try it first (though probably an old VHS or DVD). Have fun!
  • mslacimae1991
    mslacimae1991 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Okay, thank you. :)
    I could definitely use some toning in my abs.
  • Raina27
    Raina27 Posts: 133
    Options
    I used to HATE Billy Blanks and any of his workouts...but a few weeks ago I said ok I need something a little more challenging than Zumba, Hip Hop abs and Walk at Home dvds...so at walmart there he was my "arch nemisis" Billy Blanks lol...I ended up buying the This IS Tae Bo dvd and I LOVE it!! Challenging but fun and he is very motivating!! I would def suggest you get this dvd!! You will SweaT but you will definitely feel like you worked your azz off!! :D
  • danielle1983cov
    Options
    I love Taebo! Billy Blanks is a legend!
  • Amy_Lee_2012
    Amy_Lee_2012 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't have lost 79 pounds without Billy Blanks..he is my hero!

I have the "ultimate Tae Bo" workout- it's 58 minutes long and has a 25 minute 'fat blaster' extra workout.

I've been doing this workout dvd for about 5 months and to this day, I sweat like crazy and can't even do all the moves. It's an amazing workout and Billy Blanks keeps me motivated the entire time. He's awesome :)
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I have a bunch of BB DVD's and I love them. I usually do them in the winter time along with the treadmill for some extra cardio or when I'm getting bored and jonsing for a "class" type workout. I yell at him while I'm working out. My husband laughs at me but admits that there's no way he'd be able to do the workout. LOL
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Love TaeBo...been doing it off and on for years!
  • mslacimae1991
    mslacimae1991 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. :) I'll go pick out a DVD tonight.
    I used to do a Taebo VHS tape with my mom back in the day,
    I really liked it.
  • AZackery
    Options
    Cardio Sculpt and Tae Bo Ripped Extreme (Woman's workout: Billy's the only man in this workout) are good workouts too. Billy's PT 24/7 program is good. He has a new Dojo series out as well. I can't wait until the others comes out. I only have the Tae Bo Express from his series. He has the series on his site. I wish they were all in the stores.
  • trippinbillies
    trippinbillies Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Omg! I have been weight lifting with a trainer, running, and walking to get in shape. I've done
    well, and have felt very strong. I tried Boe, and my spine is a wreck. I mean i have real pain to the point where I'm scared I've really hurt something. I would just be careful. If you don't twist easy.... Might not be for you. I'm laying onmy back right now, with muscle spasms, and a sore back. Sorry Billy, but this can't be good!
  • AZackery
    Options
    Be careful and if you ever do Tae Bo again, make sure you are doing the moves right. Billy shows how to do the moves right. If you are doing the moves and it doesn't feel right, you aren't doing them right. Get back to Tae Bo when you can. It's okay, if you never do Tae Bo again. We are still here for you.