What do you do to lose weight?

Options
13»

Replies

• engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    you are going to have to do a lot of experimenting. there is no routine or advice that works for everyone. you will need to experiment with your intake calories until you find that magic number that works for you. the same goes with exercise. some things work for others that might not work for you. eating exercise calories is one of those things.

try and find a balance between cardio, strength training, nutrition, and rest.

be paitent, and don't expect immediate results. take comparison pictures once a week in addition to your scale weight.

get some protein powder and make yourself a shake or fruit smoothie with it for a post work out drink. great way to recover after a work out.
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I thought my friend who said this was nuts but it works eat less move more. With that said a healthy habit takes time to build. Build your healthy habits and non food celebrate those. Re learn the joys of the great flavor of healthy food. Honestly the craving for junk goes out the window after a bit and your body feels yucky after eating junk after a bit too. Believe in yourself and do this because it is time in YOUR life to do something for you and be proud of yourself.
  • LeslieMDoyle
    LeslieMDoyle Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I"ve all but dropped all processed foods from my diet. Pretty much nothing out of a box. I cook more, but I figure I'm worth it. And I walk (with a little bit of running...which is saying a lot at 225 lbs) for lunch every day.
  • Gotzy
    Gotzy Posts: 15
    Options
    Do it YOUR way. What works for different people may not work for you! Just think about what you eat, and if you are having something unhealthy factor it in to your calories! I think the best advice is just to stay under or around your calories... Have a slice of cake at lunch if you like, just make sure you have something healthy for dinner!
  • SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Nothing complicated.

- 35%/55%/10%, protein/fat/carbs
    - 500 calorie deficit
    - Small meals every two hours.
    - 20 mins of cardio 5 days a week
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I eat more veggies and fruits.I eat what I want,but in moderation (1 serving size of chips vs half the bag),eat within my calorie intake,if I over eat -rarely happens, but if I do I walk it off not too fast not too slow.

All I do is walk from 30 to 90 minutes depending on how I feel and use my ab lounge that's it. I tried the whole exercising 60-80 in a gym 6 days a week las time I lost 89lbs and I could not keep that up after I lost the weight.So I figured I might as well pick up an activity I like and I love to walk :)

So far I have lost 31lbs and went froma size 20 to a lose size 16 in 3 months.Good luck to ya chica!
  • MdmAcolyte
    MdmAcolyte Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump bump bump