Too much sugar?

Options
I have made my food diary viewable. According to the food summary. I eat too much sugar by a load. Can anyone suggest what I remove and what I replace it with to cut down my sugar intake??

Replies

• nichole325
    nichole325 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Your sugar intake isn't viewable though.
  • cheryl010812
    Options
    My goal for yesterday was 29 and I had 77..
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I can see you enjoy Jaffa Cakes lol. I enjoy Jaffa Cakes, but we tend not to buy them which removes the temptation.

Instead of reaching for foods that have refined sugar, try reaching for foods with natural sugars like more fruit.

I was told that you can have up to 11% of your calories from sugar, so for you, try aiming for about 43g of sugar, but try not to go for foods that contain refined sugars. I know it can be hard, but you will learn to live without it if you stop eating it lol.
  • pippiagain
    Options
    Well, the first thing I notice is an almost total lack of vegetables...lots of ice cream, cheese puffs, and snacks (even weight watcher snacks are heavy calorie-just portion controled) Saw a liite bit of salad, and other than that, only saw veggies on one day! Replace some of thos empty calories with veggies-eat 3 veggies every single day, and you will see that sugar drop big time! Good luck, and congrats on what you have lsot so far! Keep it up!
  • Daisy_Cutter
    Options
    I don't track my sugar. Things like fruit and milk have natural sugars. Other high sugar foods can be yogurt, cereal and of course processed snacks. I looked at your diary and see all of these there.....and you're fine. If it was filled with candy or junk I'd be concerned, but it's not. Don't stress about it! You're doing fine.
  • okerachel
    okerachel Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My guess would be that you are eating a lot of items that are pre-processed. That would be the Tesco meals, the Weight Watchers cakes... no idea what a hot cross yum is but that sound's suspicious as well. Its hard to say without the sugar being viewable. Try doing a little more of your own cooking. Most premade meals are high in sugar and sodium for the simple fact that it makes you think that they "taste" better. Your body craves sugar, fat and salt because they are quick energy foods, that's why they are so addictive.

No doubt that pineapple is high in sugar too but I would ignore that. It comes prepackaged with fiber and vitamins so it isn't wasted sugar. Try reading the labels a little more closely when buying your store meals. Avoid the ones with a high % of your daily value of sugar and sodium without the vitamins, fiber and protein to match. Spend those sugar % wisely and don't worry so much about the totals on MFP.
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    My guess would be that you are eating a lot of items that are pre-processed. That would be the Tesco meals, the Weight Watchers cakes... no idea what a hot cross yum is but that sound's suspicious as well. Its hard to say without the sugar being viewable. Try doing a little more of your own cooking. Most premade meals are high in sugar and sodium for the simple fact that it makes you think that they "taste" better. Your body craves sugar, fat and salt because they are quick energy foods, that's why they are so addictive.

No doubt that pineapple is high in sugar too but I would ignore that. It comes prepackaged with fiber and vitamins so it isn't wasted sugar. Try reading the labels a little more closely when buying your store meals. Avoid the ones with a high % of your daily value of sugar and sodium without the vitamins, fiber and protein to match. Spend those sugar % wisely and don't worry so much about the totals on MFP.

A "hot cross bun" is a sweet biscuit with a cross on it (usually made with icing) eaten by xians on good friday, the friday before easter. Made famous in the children's rhyme: "Hot cross buns! Hot cross buns! One a penny; two a penny! Hot cross buns!"
  • okerachel
    okerachel Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hot cross *bun* I get, it was the hot cross "yum" that threw me.