Zumba on the Wii

Options
Anyone have this game? Likes/Dislikes???

Replies

• ScubaAmyMN
    ScubaAmyMN Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I just got it yesterday but haven't tried it yet due to a bad ankle. But if you do a search in this forum, there are TONS of good comments about it, particularly Zumba 2. That's actually why I got it - because so many people had great things to say about it.
  • utes09
    utes09 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    It's way fun!!! I think I'm going to do it this morning now that it's on my mind! :)
  • Liz55
    Liz55 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba 2 for Wii. I have tried it a few times but am easily discouraged because I can never seem to get the stars to light. I am going to take ScubaAmyMN's advise and read the forum on it to see what I am doing wrong??? Good Luck!
  • wofford16
    wofford16 Posts: 63
    Options
    I just got it yesterday but haven't tried it yet due to a bad ankle. But if you do a search in this forum, there are TONS of good comments about it, particularly Zumba 2. That's actually why I got it - because so many people had great things to say about it.

I bought it yesterday and haven't used it yet, there are a ton of positive comments about it. I just need to schedule it in my exercise routine.
  • hoosierdrmwever
    hoosierdrmwever Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Zumba on the Wii is super fun, but watch your knees if you have carpet. Also, it is even MORE fun if you do Zumba with people. Even if you don't know anyone when you first start, if you begin attending a regular class, you will become friends with other participants. Zumba has been my friend for over three years and I have lost over 100 pounds. Good luck! :)
  • brybre0413
    brybre0413 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    We have it and we love it! I like that it starts easy and gets way harder but you can do it at your pace!
  • ColleenB1980
    ColleenB1980 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I personally dont like it but I think thats just because I go to a great zumba class and its way more fun :) but it does work and I will do it if I cant get to a class
  • apierce2010
    apierce2010 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Zumba 2 for Wii!!!!!! So much fun and if you love dancing you'll love it!! Great Workout , I always finished drenched in sweat!!!
  • ponceclaudia
    ponceclaudia Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    YES .....I LOVE IT
  • calroseangelo
    Options
    I have the first Zumba for Wii...it is a lot of fun! If you get it I suggest getting it with the belt to hold the controller...way easier that holding it in your hand.
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I love this game its a blast and really burns the cals
  • jsjaclark
    jsjaclark Posts: 303
    Options
    I have Zumba 2 for Wii. I have tried it a few times but am easily discouraged because I can never seem to get the stars to light. I am going to take ScubaAmyMN's advise and read the forum on it to see what I am doing wrong??? Good Luck!

I have Zumba 2 as well and love it. I have found that you definitely have to have the belt on correctly and make sure the you put the remote in the right way. Once I corrected that, I haven't had a problem with stars lighting. You will know you are doing correctly (or it is getting the signal from the remote) when on the bottom left of the screen it will say "nice" or "hot" or "Zumba" throughout the workout.

Only dislike is that it doesn't tell you in the instructions how long a full class is - I have done the short and medium classes. anyone done a long class? How long is it?
  • thinsoundsgood
    Options
    It's awesome! A short class is about 30 minutes, a mid-length class is about 45 minutes and a long class is about an hour! I'm drenched in sweat by the end of it! I burn so many calories!
  • simplysassi
    simplysassi Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    yesterday must have been the day to buy Zumba Fitness 2 for Wii. I bought it too.

I haven't used it yet but read many good feedback comments on it.

I take a zumba class that I LOVE and I'm hoping this will allow me some extra zumba during the week. I'm more worried about getting the wii to work/function than I am about doing the routines. I'll write more after I get a chance to try it out....should be tomorrow.
  • cherylh2011
    Options
    :love: I purchased the Zumba 2 for Wii several weeks ago, and I consider it a very good investment. I am still at the low intensity stage- just advanced to bronze. I find that it is easy to follow and very engaging. Also, I use the optional belt because it frees my hands and allows me to focus on the steps more. Finally, for the first time in quite a while I actually look forward to working out.
  • suttoh85
    suttoh85 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have both games and do a Zumba class every Wed. While the live class is always the best because you have the group and the music and well to me it make me more motivated. I think Zumba 2 is the better game because it is more like the classes but as long as you have the remote in the band thing correctly and have it on your hips in the right spot the stars will come.
  • simplysassi
    simplysassi Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    finally used the Zumba Fitness 2 today. I was worried I wouldn't get as good of a workout as I do from the actual class, but oh yes I did. I think I'm going to like this.
  • Liz55
    Liz55 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I will pay more attention tonight to the screen and double check the placement of the belt and the remote. :)