My motivation

Options
Hi Guys,

Don't know about you but I find it SO hard to stay motivated. I have 54lb to lose and if I think that it might take me a year to lose it, I just want to cry. So I need motivation.

One of the things I look at is me so far.
About 4 years ago, I looked like this:
Aqm4lZxCIAEq4Gn.jpg

Then I lost about 3 stone:
AhA_xE_CQAAyYay.jpg

Right now, I'm just a little bigger than that after a half board holiday!

Need to focus. How do you stay motivated? (I hope the pictures worked!

Replies

• ElHombre23
    ElHombre23 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    First things first forget about the number just concentrate on executing each day...you'll be surprised how fast you will make progress before you know it your motivation will come from the mirror and the person you see in it!!!
  • pbajwally
    pbajwally Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Honestly, the motivation comes and goes. But when it's low - I think about how much I hate what I see when I look in the mirror. I think about being out of breath when I'm running around with my kids. I think about how frustrated I get when none of my clothes look or fit right. I think about the very scary reality of being diagnosed with diabetes. I think about how deep down inside me, all my life there has been a tiny person struggling to get out... and she's fiesty! She's getting louder and louder... and the bottom line is I think about how this is SO attainable. I just have to stay focused. It might not happen within a magical number of days, but it WILL happen. Maybe a year, maybe two. Maybe sooner! And accepting that there will be setbacks and bad days and NOT beating myself up over them... quitters never win, and winners never quit. I WILL WIN

You look great! You should feel proud and accomplished of where you are today. Just keep looking at those pics! You're doing fantastic! :)
  • pinkjellybaby
    pinkjellybaby Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!

It's about trying not to be impatient I think. I'm like that with everything in life.
    I just need to remember that I've done it before and I can do it again!
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    You look great! Not that you didn't before either. Excellent work!
  • rpantusa
    rpantusa Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    First things first forget about the number just concentrate on executing each day...you'll be surprised how fast you will make progress before you know it your motivation will come from the mirror and the person you see in it!!!

^----great advice, just stay in routine every day and it will fall right off! :flowerforyou: