Anyone do TurboFire?

Options
How were your results? Did you like it? Was the 10 minute stretch following the workouts necessary and did you always do it? Thanks for any input, just waiting for mine to arrive, I'm excited to start!

Replies

• Princess_Sameen
    Princess_Sameen Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Waiting for mine! would love to see the response for this
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I love Turbo Fire. I don't really have any results to give you since I used Turbo Fire with other workout dvd's. I never did the stretching though... I just stretched on my own and that was good enough.
  • CALake
    CALake Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I never did the program though- I always used the workouts to supplement other things I was doing. I LOVE HIIT workouts and the 45 minute routines. They were a bit tough to get the hang of at first- and she changes quickly- but it never felt like working out. It's a fun program!
  • carriep1234
    carriep1234 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing TurboFire. I am actually doing the prep schedule first and in about another week start the full schedule. My first month on the Prep schedule I lost 7 lbs and many inches, sorry I don't have that total with me right now. I don't always do the stretch 10 after but sometimes do. So I would say if I can lose 7 lbs in one month just on the prep schedule then the program is for sure worth it. I can't wait to start the full blown TurboFire schedule to include all the HIITS.
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I did TF and loved it. I lost 5 lbs... not even trying to lose weight and gained definition. I recommend it to anyone looking for a fun program that delivers results.
  • MaryDreamer
    MaryDreamer Posts: 439
    Options
    I think I'm in the minority for NOT liking TurboFire. I don't hate it, it's just difficult for me to get some of the fast steps down which are brand new to me. I can't keep up and was making stuff up as I went along. I eventually just quit doing it. Maybe I should have tried TurboJam first!
  • itstheemu18
    itstheemu18 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Alli,

I'm actually just starting the Turbofire Prep Schedule (before going into the HIIT workouts), so I'm doing workouts like Fire 30, Fire 45 EZ, Core 20, etc. They are definitely intense workouts, but you feel great after doing them. I do have a few unprofessional tips, although as always it's good to make sure you're fit enough to do the workouts:

* Do the prep schedule. It'll ease you into the type of intensity you can expect from TurboFire (unless you're already fit)
    * I always do the stretches. They fly by so quickly after your workout, and it's also a good way to cool down after your workout.
    * Unless you're sure about your fitness level, it's easier for me to follow the girl on the right (keep forgetting her name!). She does modifications to most moves.
    * Keep track of your heart rate! These workouts are intense, and your heart rate can get up there. If I find my heart rate is too high, I ease up my intensity to get it back to acceptable limits.
    * This is obvious, but stick to your diet! Don't overeat of course, but make sure not to undereat as well!

Those are just my views on TurboFire. I have seen good results when I stick to the diet (I use the recommended calories here and log them here as well). Good luck!
  • MaryDreamer
    MaryDreamer Posts: 439
    Options
    Oh yeh! I forgot about following the modification girl, thanks for the remind I'll try them again! I haven't done one over 30 mins yet. Will try the 45!
  • vtgirl77
    vtgirl77 Posts: 69
    Options
    I love Turbo Fire...I'm on round 2 and have seen most of my results with this program...(although I do lift 3-4x/week and run as well...lol) I usually just do the stretches at the end, but squeeze in Stretch 40 now and then too :)
  • SheilaParker
    SheilaParker Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I did the 12 week program and was able to lose 22.6 pounds and 27.1 inches. Most of the time I did do the stretch 10 and felt that it really helped. I am currently doing P90X but still supplementing some of the Turbofire into it. I plan on buying the advanced dvd's and doing Turbofire program again for the full 20 weeks. Good luck with it and feel free to send a friend invite.
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I did the full 20 week program and lost 45 pounds and lots of inches. I am keeping it in my rotation with other programs. I am repeating the last 2 months and currently in the middle of week 17.

I always follow the schedule, the 10 minute stretch is nice. I look at this way, I am going to work the program the way it is recommended, I follow the workout calendar, it is that way for a reason. I don't follow the food plan because I am vegan (almost vegan).

Here are some things that will help.

Do the New to Class the first 2 times for each new workout. It breaks down the moves and does help get the steps down.

Follow Alee - she does modifications.

The program has just been modified - there are new discs, and it now comes with a Fire Starter pack, that has a dvd to teach you the moves. Looks like they made the program easier to learn.

I LOVE TurboFIre!!