125 calorie 8 oz. margarita

Options
creativefrugalmom
creativefrugalmom Posts: 267 Member
This weekend hubby and I were craving a margarita. I told him I was not going to 3 Parrots Taco for their 790 cal margarita although they are amazing. So, I went to the store and found On The Border Light Margarita mix (10 cals per 4 oz). I had previously tried the Jose Cuervo Light which had 0 calories, but not much flavor. Added tequila, blended and it was awesome! Even he liked it. I can drink one guilt free now.

Also saw that Crystal Light now has a margarita flavor drink mix. Might try it next time.

Here is the recipe I used:

1 cup mix + 1.5 oz of tequila & 1/2 cup ice. You can use 1 oz tequila to make it 35 cals lighter and less strong if you choose and that would make it 90 calories. I have a bullet so it made it very simple to make a serving at a time.

Enjoy!

Replies

• lauraashley85
    lauraashley85 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Mmmm...margaritaaaaa
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    With Cinco de Mayo coming up, this is an awesome recipe! Thanks!
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I just buy Skinny Girl Margaritas and call it a day. I am too lazy to make drinks. But, thanks for the recipe. I will pass it on to my friends.
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    There's a LIGHT Jose Cuervo?!?!? OMG! It's it's silver I'm buying a case!
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Bump, tag, subscribe....whatever it takes to not lose this thread.....
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    There is also another sugar free mix called Baja Bob's that is really good...same deal, 10 calories a serving.

When I make my "skinny" margaritas I make sure to add a good squeeze of lime juice for that fresh taste, I also like to add a splash of Sprite Zero for some fizziness and lemon lime flavor (at the end after you've already shaken the tequila, mix, and lime). SOOOOO good.

Also, make sure you always use good agave tequila...clear is best...
  • mzbehaven1
    mzbehaven1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    as a former bartender...I never used "mix" the real recipe is 1 1/2 oz teq and 1 oz orange liquor..blended, or my fav way is shaken and strained:heart:
  • abbysmom814
    abbysmom814 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for this recipe! I love margaritas, but they are so not good for my waistline! I will definitely be trying this one soon!
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    My hero!!!
  • philly_rack
    Options
    Guiltless Margarits!!!!!!! You are my new best buddy for this recipe. I have completly cut out everything but WINE
  • chasingbabes
    Options
    bump
  • Lyg07
    Lyg07 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    love margaritas, hate the calories and sugar. can't wait to try it!
  • creativefrugalmom
    creativefrugalmom Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    What do you add to the tequila and triple sec?