How would you feel...?

Options
Margentine
Margentine Posts: 113 Member
If you just had a serious talk with your boyfriend -a talk that ended you in tears and as you sit there trying to hold back he walks away and suddenly you hear him say out loud and cheerfullyo other family members " wooowhooo! Tonight the football game is on"!! :explode:

Replies

• Nekhet
    Nekhet Posts: 380
    Options
    If you just had a serious talk with your boyfriend -a talk that ended you in tears and as you sit there trying to hold back he walks away and suddenly you hear him say out loud and cheerfullyo other family members " wooowhooo! Tonight the football game is on"!! :explode:

I don't know your boyfriend so I cannot judge him or his actions but a lot of guys have this ability to shut off their emotions even when inside they feel like utter crap...and that may be his way of trying to just deal with it and go on to soemthing else? Just a guess...
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options

I'd feel like I need to change my tampon.
  • Margentine
    Options

I don't know your boyfriend so I cannot judge him or his actions but a lot of guys have this ability to shut off their emotions even when inside they feel like utter crap...and that may be his way of trying to just deal with it and go on to soemthing else? Just a guess...

I admire that ability and it confuses me greatly. It's very contradicting.
  • downhomechik
    Options

It depends on what you were talking about and if family members were nearby he may not want them involved in the conversation therefore is going to pretend nothing is wrong to the rest of the world. Having serious talks is something I try to reserve for when alone and able to focus on them.
  • Nekhet
    Nekhet Posts: 380
    Options

Well, it's been bred into us since the dawn of time so we are good at it but don't assume it is so wonderful or makes us better or worse...it's just part of our biology and DNA to be that way. Men are all about solving a crisis and when there is no answer that is prevalent we close things down emotionally and move on to something that IS enjoyable or throws suspicion off...like football in this case. We like to solve problems and sometimes there just isn't a solution so we don't handle that or deal with too well. As you get older you learn better ways and other ways to cope with that...but our initial instinct is to fix it...not always the correct solution...so we walk away and bury the emotions...just how we are built.

• Margentine
    Options

It depends on what you were talking about and if family members were nearby he may not want them involved in the conversation therefore is going to pretend nothing is wrong to the rest of the world. Having serious talks is something I try to reserve for when alone and able to focus on them.

we were alone in our room talking about an argument we had the night before , he said some pretty mean things and I was hurt . He explain himself yet did not say sorry..I asked him if he felt sorry or if he had anything to say and he refused to say anything else...I though I'll be the bigger person and say sorry anyways..
    As I said Sorry to him I began to cry..so he walked away and said the football thing to his daughter in the living room. It hurt me more...that he didn't own up to what he had said the night before and then he does this...
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I'd wonder how I ended up in a relationship with a dude.
  • tamerkins2
    tamerkins2 Posts: 212
    Options
    we were alone in our room talking about an argument we had the night before , he said some pretty mean things and I was hurt . He explain himself yet did not say sorry..I asked him if he felt sorry or if he had anything to say and he refused to say anything else...I though I'll be the bigger person and say sorry anyways..
    As I said Sorry to him I began to cry..so he walked away and said the football thing to his daughter in the living room. It hurt me more...that he didn't own up to what he had said the night before and then he does this...
    [/quote]

It was your daughter? Then I completely agree with him that he was perky and happy around her! I would have been more upset if my husband took out his bad attitude towards me on our daughter. If I am upset with him, I am still happy and chipper to my kids!
  • cohophysh
    cohophysh Posts: 288
    Options
    Weren't you the one who was posting yesterday about trying to get out of a relationship...well, he just opened the door even wider for you...time to go.
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I'd think while he's watching football i'll be out taking shots!
  • Margentine
    Options

It was your daughter? Then I completely agree with him that he was perky and happy around her! I would have been more upset if my husband took out his bad attitude towards me on our daughter. If I am upset with him, I am still happy and chipper to my kids!
    [/quote]

Only his daughter . I was just hurt bc he told to get out of the house and just leave and the next day he just expected me to forget it and pretend he didn't say that.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

Without actual details no one can offer advice, take a side, etc.

My husband has said things I've considered mean, things that have made me cry. Since they've all been true I can't hold it against him. I'm sensitive and cry easily, it's not his fault if I get upset and I don't expect him to apologize.

Also, it sounds like you decided to have a serious discussion at an inopportune moment. It clearly wasn't what he wanted to deal with, especially with his daughter in the other room. Next time, wait until there aren't others around before you have serious discussions.
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    "I tell you what I'd do man. Two chicks at the same time." ~Lawrence - Office Space
  • Twilightsunflower
    Twilightsunflower Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    i dont know him but it might be his way of dealing with things... putting on a smile while he is thinking
    my hubby shuts down... it hurt at first that he could just open up and tell me what was going on in his head... two years later and i know when he gets to that point i need to let him just shut down and process and have a conversation the next day...
    guys dont work like girls who will talk their feelings to death and then some...
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I was just hurt bc he told to get out of the house and just leave and the next day he just expected me to forget it and pretend he didn't say that.

Did he mean forever? Or just for the moment? There are plenty of times my husband is angry and I want to tell him to get out of the house because i just can't handle it. I'd never want him to leave for good.
  • lau444
    lau444 Posts: 120 Member
    Options

It's nothing to admire, believe me.
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    "I tell you what I'd do man. Two chicks at the same time." ~Lawrence - Office Space

Sounds like somebody has a case of the mundays.

Tonight ill be showing her my o face. O o o o.
  • auticus
    Options
    I disagree. Letting you emotions control you leads to all kinds of stupid things that can involve the police... making an idiot out of yourself, etc

Being able to control your emotions is a good sign of stability and inner strength. I admire anyone who can do it. There are times when I wish I could do it better.
  • auticus
    Options

Sounds like somebody has a case of the mundays.

No. Hell no man. I believe you'd get your *** kicked for saying something like that man...
  • Margentine
    Options
    I'd think while he's watching football i'll be out taking shots!

lol if I could I would ..it's a bit more complicated ..but thanks for the laugh.