65 + pounds. 219 to 152... size 18 to size 6.

Options
I've been overweight to some degree my whole life and have never been a person who enjoyed working out. In the fall of 2010, when my third child was just about a year old, I decided it was time to change and get healthy.
I had lost weight before with the no/low carb diets... or restricting myself in a diet that wasn't sustainable in the real world. Because I chose to do it the "old-fashioned" way... with watching calories in and out, I truly have made new habits and a new lifestyle.

Now, I've become one of the people I used to want to punch... you know, the person who looks forward to working out! I love seeing how far I can push my body physically and I've really enjoyed building great muscle tone. I know that's why I haven't gained any back as I've maintained for over a year now. Good muscle tone gives you the freedom not to have a crazy strict diet.

I am 5'6'' and I started my journey at 219. I'm around 152 now. I started in a size 18 and the other day I bought a pair of shorts in a SIX... That may be the first time as an adult I've ever bought a size six! The majority of my weight was lost in around 10 months and I've maintained since. I'm a fanatic of anything Chalene Johnson does ;) Her programs are how I lost my weight.

This is an exciting journey and I've loved every step of the way. There were (and are) hurdles, but it's been amazing.

Replies

• happyheart15
    happyheart15 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • ruggedBear
    ruggedBear Posts: 295
    Options
    Inspiring! You're looking fantastic! I passed a woman running on the trail yesterday that I would have liked to punch a year ago, but this time all I could think of was - that's me! What a great feeling!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    What????!!!!????? I am so proud of you {{{{HUGS}}}} You ROCK, period.

WOW!!!! You are my height and look like my shape too, I am so thrilled for you and THANK YOU so much for posting, you have inspired me to no end:heart:

P.S. You look gorgeous:flowerforyou:
  • comen2knowledge
    Options
    You look wonderful!! Keep up the good work :)
  • xjlishey1
    xjlishey1 Posts: 286
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I love working out also! "Get it in" is our motto
  • peacek
    peacek Posts: 211
    Options
    You look amazing!!!!
    You are an inspiration.

I am a size 8 and my goal size is 6 for god knows how many years :(
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Awesome change, you should be PROUD!
  • Goofy076
    Goofy076 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    woooohoooooo congrats sweets!!!! you look amazing..size 6 is pretty awesome aint it lololol...I was 26/28 and loving that its now 6/8 lolol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!