Alcohol & AC/DC :D

Options
:happy: Okay so I love to drink. I am beer girl Coors light and bud light lime have been my new friends.
I think thats where my girly beer gut came from..lol.
But in all seriousness tonight is the AC/DC concert and I dont want to throw everything out the window.
Today is my second day and i have been doin alright. Any suggestions? First thing I thought was to opt for gin & tonic or rum with diet pop or vodka water. That way I still have my fun without the calories?
That and stadium food is horrible..

Suggestions please.

Replies

• neeterskeeter
    neeterskeeter Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I used to drink flavored vodka (like blueberry, pomegrante, mango, etc.) and soda water. It only has 70 calories but that's ONLY if the bartender only puts one shot in it, and of course it's hard to control that. Still I think that gave me the desired "buzz" effect easier than beer or any other drink, so I would limit it to 2 and put in 175 calories. That is pretty reasonable. Now I am avoiding alcohol all together and seeing much better results. But when I reach my goal weight I think I might occasionally have one or two flavored vodka and soda waters, in moderation... which was hard for me to do before! Good luck and have fun at the concert. :smile:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    :happy: Okay so I love to drink.

You're among friends! :laugh: Welcome! :bigsmile:

I drink gin & diet tonic when I'm going low cal. (Which isn't often enough) :embarassed:
  • bwilton77
    bwilton77 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    If you prefer beer try the mgd64 it's not bad at all and only half the calories of a regular light beer. Good Luck and have fun.:devil:
  • linz1125
    linz1125 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I actually really enjoy Sam Adams Light. I usually prefer microbrews, and it's a really good alternative. You can always do Bacardi and diet with a lime. Stay away from any juice drink (screwdriver, vodka cranberry) or anything with tonic. it's just soda water with sugar and the liquor. Enjoy the concert!:drinker:
  • cassandra1220
    cassandra1220 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Try the new Bud Select 55. It tastes better, in my opinion, to the MGD 64. I have the same love :drinker: , but i have just come to the realization that you have to be honest and put it in your food log. It is certainly eye-opening but when you look at how much calories your consuming juxtaposed againgst what you COULD be eating it is quite shocking.

I can tell you not to drink Jagermeister (my dark angel). When I found out how many calories were in it I almost had a heart attack. Good luck, have fun, and dance-dance-dance so you can burn some extra calories.
  • Clara
    Clara Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    lol. bud lite lime is my new best friend. it is soooo yummy
  • Clovermom
    Options
    THANK GOD!!!! I have been waiting for someone to post on this topic!!! Thanks for all the low cal drinking suggestions!!! Giddy Up!!! :drinker:
  • teetsel4
    teetsel4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I offer no help... I just feel your pain! I work at an Ale House, and get a free shift beer! Who can say no to FREE BEER?! I've put back on 15 lbs since working there:noway: ! I guess it's time to "just say no"! :laugh: LOL

Cheers!:drinker:
  • racoon1
    racoon1 Posts: 78
    Options
    only a suggestion try a glass of water between each alcoholic low cal beverage.
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    only a suggestion try a glass of water between each alcoholic low cal beverage.

this helps me. I love my wine...and have at least a glass daily. But I try to drink a lot of water with it as well, and then I'm too full to drink a whole lot.

If I wanna get trashed, I just let myself drink whatever I want. Why limit yourself on one night? For AC/DC? I say hell with it. Make up for it with lots of water, exercise, and little or no alcohol the next couple days.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Pfft.... if I was going to see AC/DC tonight, I'd give up and just get schnookered! But that's just me!

<
    jealous!
  • butterfly25
    butterfly25 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    If you prefer beer try the mgd64 it's not bad at all and only half the calories of a regular light beer. Good Luck and have fun.:devil:

when i want a beer i have that and i really like it..not many people do!!!
  • butterfly25
    butterfly25 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Try the new Bud Select 55. It tastes better, in my opinion, to the MGD 64. I have the same love :drinker: , but i have just come to the realization that you have to be honest and put it in your food log. It is certainly eye-opening but when you look at how much calories your consuming juxtaposed againgst what you COULD be eating it is quite shocking.

I can tell you not to drink Jagermeister (my dark angel). When I found out how many calories were in it I almost had a heart attack. Good luck, have fun, and dance-dance-dance so you can burn some extra calories.

i agree even the lite beer adds up...