Serving size tip

Options
I was so hungry for pasta which is my weakness. I knew I'd be ok if I had "a" (that's as in 1 serving) and not half the box. I checked the box as to serving size which was 3/4 cup dry penne pasta which I actually measured out. I proceded to boil water in a very very small kettle so I wouldn't be able to dump half the box in. Once it was done, I added 1/2 small can of tomato sauce seasoned with garlic and basil which was only 30 calories. I was totally satisfied because with penne pasta you're able to slide the tine of the fork in each one and eat one at at time. This forced me to eat slow and I was full when I was done.

Replies

• Beffster
    Beffster Posts: 14
    Options
    I love Penne for this very reason. I have to sit comfortably to eat, and so can often just eat calories without noticing- foods like Penne help me to slow down and notice what I am eating. Chocolate is my weakness, and so I have started to break it up into small pieces, just to slow me down and appreciate what I am eating,
  • indiepops
    indiepops Posts: 96
    Options
    are u in the uk? try batchelors pasta packs, yummy and not too bad on the cals x
  • FatDar2012
    Options
    I'm in Wisconsin. My daughter in law brought me a box of whole wheat pasta. I plan on dividing them up into serving size baggies as soon as I open the box. I am planning a trip to the uk next spring. I will put this on my list.