not hungery after a half?

Options
i had a chocolate milk and an apple after the race, but now nothing sounds good. how do you refuel when you are just not hungry?

Replies

• emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I always pick something that even if I am not hungry is a treat that I will want to eat. It may not be calorie friendly but otherwise I have no appetite and I have learned that if I dont eat then I get sick. Hence my twice baked potato addiction -- usually one the night before and one after the race!! I never eat them otherwise so I am all over that idea!! :)
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I wasn't hungry after one of my last races, too. Give yourself a couple hours and then you'll be ravenous. Have some carbs and protein ready to rock n roll when that moment hits!
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I'm never hungry after long runs, especially races. Usually, I just drink a protein shake or have some fruit, and then wait a few hours. Given time, I get hungry enough to eat a small horse.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    Hence my twice baked potato addiction -- usually one the night before and one after the race!! I never eat them otherwise so I am all over that idea!! :)

a twice baked potato - that is an idea i can get behind! :)
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I'm not usually hungry right after a long run either which was a good thing as I make Sunday breakfast for the family. After 18km this morning my stomach was growling just about the time I finished preparing the french toast.....
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    PB&J, BLT, Pancakes and bacon, breakfast burrito? For some reason, I like breakfast food after a race or hard workout. Seems like it's usually stuff that's easier to digest and not as highly seasoned.
  • heathero76
    heathero76 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm NEVER hungry after a race or hard workout. I struggle to choke down choc milk and some fruit. And maybe string cheese.