30 Day Shred Challenge - April

Options
I was looking for a 30 Day Shred challenge to join and couldn't find one so I thought I'd start my own! I'll be starting day 1 today, April 13th, so feel free to jump in if you want! I did this workout over a year ago (before getting pregnant) and had great results. I'm now 7 weeks post-baby and so excited to do this workout again. :happy:

Replies

• a_new_dawn
    a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Hi i've just joined this site today in the hope it will keep me motivated with my 30 day shred... i start it on Monday!
    I'd love to be able to share my journey with others and hear how well others are progressing too! :flowerforyou:
  • DanceWithAlice
    Options
    I just picked this up today, and I'm planning on starting first thing in the morning. I'm gonna die. XD
  • Lbutterfly
    Options
    Hi, i'd love to try this 30 day shred, what is it, how do you do it? what do I need to do?
  • mjd060981
    mjd060981 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I actually picked up this DVD and did it last night. I thought I was going to die. She doesn't sugar coat it. At one point she says, "Do your jumping jacks. If I can get 400lb people to do it, you can do it." Puts things into perspective. I am sore today, but I have been taking Advil to help. Interested to do it tonight and see if I can walk tomorrow. I definitely had a good sweat going! I calculated it and I burned 203 calories for 20 minutes of hard work. I have to walk 45 minutes for that!
  • rveals
    rveals Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I would love to join.
  • monicaroozo
    monicaroozo Posts: 200
    Options
    i'm interested in starting up this month! i might be a week behind you though!
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 30DS right now. Good luck, Jillian is a BEAST :laugh:
  • kacieluzier
    kacieluzier Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm in :) I LOVE Jillian. She kicks *kitten* hardcoreee. <3
  • minnesotamama
    minnesotamama Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred is a DVD from Jillian Michaels. All you need is the DVD and some small hand weights! There are 3 different levels and the workouts are only 20 minutes each. Short but very effective. Everyone seems to do it differently, but I personally spend 10 days on each level before moving on to the next.
  • jplentl
    jplentl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I was looking for a 30 Day Shred challenge to join and couldn't find one so I thought I'd start my own! I'll be starting day 1 today, April 13th, so feel free to jump in if you want! I did this workout over a year ago (before getting pregnant) and had great results. I'm now 7 weeks post-baby and so excited to do this workout again. :happy:

I am about 8 weeks post baby! I started Wednesday, then did Zumba Thursday, and probably will not get a chance to do it today so, I guess I will start again on Saturday. Good luck!
  • GailEMac
    GailEMac Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I am on day 4 of the 30DS.. it's tough but I feel good for it :bigsmile:
  • Fedup85
    Fedup85 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Im starting in the morning 30 Day Shred... I got my DVD from target yesterday..
  • mscan40
    mscan40 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I will join you too.
  • rwong53
    rwong53 Posts: 43 Member
    Options

I am about 8 weeks post baby! I started Wednesday, then did Zumba Thursday, and probably will not get a chance to do it today so, I guess I will start again on Saturday. Good luck!

I'm 8 weeks postpartum today. I've been doing c25k, but would love to start 30ds...just don't know when I'll have the time. Keep us updated on any prgress with all of these programs, please!
  • minnesotamama
    Options

I'm 8 weeks postpartum today. I've been doing c25k, but would love to start 30ds...just don't know when I'll have the time. Keep us updated on any prgress with all of these programs, please!

I was contemplating doing the c25k along with 30 day shred but haven't done it yet. I'm hoping in the next few weeks (when baby falls into more of a schedule) I can incorporate both workouts into my day. How far into the c25k are you?
  • minnesotamama
    Options
    So...how did everyone do over the weekend?!?! I managed to get in workouts every day. Plan on doing day 4 tonight even though my legs still feel like jello. :happy:
  • NICOLED73
    NICOLED73 Posts: 183
    Options
    I want to do 30DS but I'm scared!! lol
    I have been doing JM Shred it with weights for about a month. I'm still doing level 1 of Shred it with Weights. Level 1 is getting easy. I'm not sure if I should increase my weights on it or move to Level 2.
    If I can do Shred it with Weights do you think I can do 30DS?
    I have no confidence in my abilities. :/
  • faithirene
    Options
    If you have been doing shred it with weights, you will be able to do the 30DS. But there is only one way to find out for yourself! Good luck!
  • Nimbkar
    Nimbkar Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I want to join in.
    Are you guys planing on just doing 30 day shred dvd daily or are you going to adding exercise on top?
    Either way I would love to join
  • sandysheets
    Options
    Hey I know this is kind of late but I just started (over) and completed day 1 of the JM 30 day shred.
    I'm a JM fan and have been really successful with the 30 DS in the past.