What would you do? Calorie help

Options
Hey everyone! so I need your advice! Did a weigh in today and it said I was down 2 lb!:) I had been netting 1200 cals/day. I'm 12 lb away from my ultimate goal weight. Since my current plan seems to be working, do I stick with it... Orrr should I slightly increase my net (to 1320/day because a)I've heard you can slow your metabolism/plateau if you stay at 1200/net as you near your goal weight? b)my BMR is around 1400 cals. FYI I exercise and lift and as I said, always net 1200 currently by eating exercise cals back. Confused!

Replies

• Jenny111372
    Jenny111372 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm 12.9 pounds away from my goal and I've noticed my weekly weight loss has slowed. Last week was .8 pounds..I know..that's still almost a pound but when you're used to the 2.5 pound or more a week it makes you wanna just say UGH! :) But I've decided that if I haven't lost at least a pound or so this week then I'm lowering my weekly weight loss goal to 1/2 pound a week and will in turn up my calories from 1250 to 1450 (I believe) and see what that does for me. I've also read on here many times people saying "you need to eat more" and all those other things so after my weigh in on Thursday I will see what I'm gonna do. Sorry no real big help here..just wanted to say I'm in the same situation as you. :) And btw, I eat all if not most of my workout calories too. Good luck to you!