Replies

• ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Steak
  • SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Im trying to start my day with a good amount of protein first thing in the morning. Last week I had a hard boiled egg each day which wasn't bad but I feel like I was forcing myself to eat them.

Today I tried 2 scrambled eggs in the microwave with a little bit of Frank's Red Hot (only cause I heard that boosts metabolism) but that didnt sit well in my stomach.

So basically I need some suggestions for high protein and preferably low(ish) calories that can be made fast as I am always rushing in the morning.

Im thinking of getting some protein powder and making shakes in the morning but would like some opinions first.

I have trouble eating in the morning too. It's an important meal, but it takes me an hour or two before I get really hungry. What I do instead of force-feed myself is mix cappuccino flavored whey protein in with a cup of coffee. It's quick, tastes great, and has high protein and low cals.
  • Indy_Cent
    Indy_Cent Posts: 45
    Options
    *sigh*
    I must really be getting old, or be in love, or something, to let this opportunity pass by...
    *hangs head in shame*
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    My breakfast this morning was: 1cup strawberry halves, 1cup greek yogurt, 1 scoop protein powder, and a half cup of milk. 51g of protein for all of it.
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I love scrambled eggs with sliced avacado and salsa on top
  • g19guy
    g19guy Posts: 1
    Options
    Here's what you do. Go get one of those little microwave egg cookers. Put in two whole large eggs. Take the yolks out with a spoon (that's all your fat and cholesterol right there). Nuke for 1 minute. Serve on a 110-cal wheat bagel or 2 pieces of wheat toast with a slice of reduced fat cheese and maybe a slice of low fat ham or turkey. Delicious.
  • union410
    union410 Posts: 32
    Options
    My wife and I are strapped for time in the morning as well so here's what we do.

1 Banana
    1 scoop of protein powder
    1 cup of fat free milk
    1/2 cup of Kashi cereal

All in a blender. And we drink the shakes on the way to work. It comes out to 380 calories but 37g of protein and 55g of good carbs. Only 4g of fat. Fills us up for a few hours. Good luck.
  • srgregory
    Options
    Herbalife shakes. They will give you about 24 grams of protein and the different receipes gives a varity. I went from 260 lbs to 200 lbs in 4 1/2 months (https://www.facebook.com/#!/ScottsNewLifestyle) using Herbalife products. Your body can only obsorb about 27 grams of protein per meal, so anything over that is simply a waste. I have a shake and tea every morning and every lunch.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I ate this for dinner the other night but there is no reason it could not be for breakfast as well. Scramble 1 whole egg and a few egg whites. Add in some diced leftover chicken breast and cheese. So freakin good. Ate it with some skim milk and it was loads of protein. Took maybe 5 minutes to make.
  • savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I like this quick breakfast:

1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    8 oz water
    baby spinach
    frozen blueberries

Blend together and enjoy!

My daughter saw me making it and said, Ewww, you are putting lettuce in your smoothie? The next day, she said, Oh, you are putting lettuce in your smoothie? I want some!
  • YcatsFursworth
    YcatsFursworth Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    BUMP!

I normally have a protein bar but a friend at work is trying to get me off of them so... yeah... looking for more ideas that I can get ready in under 10 minutes!
  • lthacks
    lthacks Posts: 15
    Options
    Isosensation Cafe Brazil - tastes just like coffee with milk, is 93% whey protein and is just delicous.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    How does this have two pages without one mention of tuna (unless I missed it). Awesome protein content, low calorie, low fat, and good for omega 3s!

Often I'll just mix a can in with my eggs for a protein powerhouse for breakfast!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    How does this have two pages without one mention of tuna (unless I missed it). Awesome protein content, low calorie, low fat, and good for omega 3s!

Often I'll just mix a can in with my eggs for a protein powerhouse for breakfast!
    ^^^^YES!!!!!!
  • PJChick730
    Options
    Thank you for all of the great ideas!!

Im not really a fan of Greek yogurt so I feel like thats another one that would be forced down.

I ended up going to Walmart on my lunch and picked up some Jillian Michaels vanilla whey protein powder (since it was only $10) so Im going to start experimenting with some morning shakes.
  • mandyneedtolose
    mandyneedtolose Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean Crunch with Almond milk ! or Greek Yogurt topped with Go Lean Crunch!!