Hardest part of 30ds?

Options
I just finished day one of the thirty day shred.I had a really hard time with some of the exercises. I know a lot of people on here are also doing 30ds. I personally struggled with the push ups and the lunges. I have no upper body strength so even the modified push ups were difficult to do. With the lunges it wasn't that I could not do them, it was that I wasn't sure if I was in the correct form and Jillian goes so quickly into them by time I get into the right form, she is finished.

What was the hardest exercises for you during 30ds?

Replies

• maybebaby40
    Options
    The push ups were the hardest- ok and the getting up and down off the floor. I did my pushups off the coffee table- but some have done them against a wasll
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Push ups and all the plank exercises were hard for me when I was doing 30DS. I had built up some upper body strength since then, and can do regular push ups and plank for longer time.
  • cwielk
    cwielk Posts: 36
    Options
    push ups! and the lunges, both the side ones and front. a lot of people have said they get shin splints from them and I could definitely see why!
  • Jshrade
    Jshrade Posts: 8
    Options
    What is 30ds?
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    personally the strength was the easy part, I could do that all day. the cardio killed me and my shins everytime. My calves get sooooo sore from jumping like that.
  • ShannonBas
    ShannonBas Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    The side lunges with shoulder raises were the hardest on me. :heart:
  • Meloonie
    Meloonie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Push ups and planks for me! But by level 2 I am able to do a proper push up so it definitley works!
  • carramel0705
    carramel0705 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    What is 30ds?

Jillian Michaels 30 day shred , she is brutal LOL but it gets results.
  • scarlettgeorgia4
    scarlettgeorgia4 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    push ups, & pretty much anything to do with my arms.. dreading level 2!
  • ruffalicious
    ruffalicious Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    What is 30ds?

Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. the dvd work out ;))

hmmm i hate the freeakin push up!!! >_< lol
  • katara74
    katara74 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    The lunges were the hardest part for me. I wasnt sure my form was correct and didnt want to injure myself. I just kept moving because she said to keep going! Hopefully tomorrow I can figure it out :smile:
  • amymimi12
    amymimi12 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    personally the strength was the easy part, I could do that all day. the cardio killed me and my shins everytime. My calves get sooooo sore from jumping like that.

^^^ this! ^^^
    The strength part got easier for me as I progressed, but the cardio is painful! Guess I need to build up more stamina... Anyone do other DVDs of Jillian's that you like?
  • britexmom
    britexmom Posts: 145
    Options
    the side lunges and the ab crunches...i modified a lot of it due to my kness hurting so badly by day 5. now i have done all 3 levels and today started on *no more trouble zones* i still hate the crunches but i can tolerate them, but i still modify the deep lunges.
  • MeMountainMom
    MeMountainMom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    The push ups were the hardest- ok and the getting up and down off the floor. I did my pushups off the coffee table- but some have done them against a wasll

YEP!!! YEP!! I ditto this :)
  • KA29
    KA29 Posts: 54
    Options
    I hate the push-ups and side lunges with shoulder raises. I admit i cheat a little on the side lunge & shoulder raise part and do hammer curls when it gets painful.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    The hardest moves for me were the rockstar jumps and in level 3 the walking push ups! BUT I want you to know it WILL get easier!! I was dying the first time I went through level one and now I've been through all 3 and go to each of the levels sometimes as a backup workout and its not even half as bad anymore! You will get so much stronger and feel so great!!!!
  • scullyuk06
    Options
    I can struggle through every move of level 1 except the push ups. I started doing them against the door frame (the only "wall" in my living room", but this morning I tried it on the floor and was pleased to struggle through the first set of modified - and then failed miserably on the second set.

I do get through the side lunges with weights, but am screaming and shouting to get through them!!!

I am doing it with my boyfriend as typically he is fine on modified push ups, but cannot get through the sit-ups.

I think it depends on what your strengths and weaknesses are, but stick with it and do as much as you can and then one more!!! You will be amazed at how quickly you can do two more - and so on.

Good luck.
    -x-
  • MeMountainMom
    MeMountainMom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Day 1 30 DS......So thrilled I survived! Ok couldn't keep up with Jillian or even Anita BUT I Survived! I'm sure I will feel it tomorrow or who am I kidding in 10 minutes I will be saying ouch! Who cares... I am so happy I survived! More tomorrow :)
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    With the lunges it wasn't that I could not do them, it was that I wasn't sure if I was in the correct form and Jillian goes so quickly into them by time I get into the right form, she is finished.

Just practice when you're not on the clock, and it would help greatly if you had a mirror to practice in front of. The most important thing is to make sure that your knee does not go over your toes when you lunge, and if you take a big enough step, you'd generally get decent form.
  • Dnsnyder
    Dnsnyder Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Pendulum lunges! Ugh.