Age 50 and Over.... somethings got to work!

Options
Hi - my name is Ginger - I turned 50 this year. I'd like to talk with other women my age about the specific challenges of losing weight (goal 50+ lbs) combined with our other issues, aches, pains, menopause, etc. If anyone out there can relate I'd love to be your buddy :flowerforyou:

Replies

• bjkleck
    bjkleck Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    just joined 3 days ago...I also am over 50 and need to get some pounds off...WE CAN DO THIS.
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'm 56 with the same issues! You can add me....
  • chunk1691
    chunk1691 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    im 50 this year, ive been on mfp since january, i lost 6 pounds before i joined and ive lost 7 since joining, im now struggling to lose more, the scale hasnt moved down for 3 weeks. im doing the 30DS at the moment so im hoping that might work for me, please feel free to add me.
  • sherri85
    sherri85 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    44 here and bad knees and hips so I def can understand and sympathize with the aches and pains!! Add me if you'd like!! :flowerforyou:
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I am over 50 plus a thyroid issue. MFP has worked for me. The loss is slow but it is still a loss. Nothing else that I had done in the past worked. It has taken me over 6 months to lose 21 pounds but I am ok with that. Hopefully I will have another 21 pounds off in the next 6 months. You are in the right place and it is free so I can take as long as I need! You can add me if you like. Good Luck!
  • katricci
    katricci Posts: 2
    Options
    51 this year and I was doing ok. I sure know how to maintain but when emotional issues arise I just eat out of control. I know it's wrong but I just can't control it. Then I get mad and try all over again. It's really hard when you are 50+ and have health issues.
  • ck1416
    ck1416 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I also just turned 51 and looking for MFP mutual support, encouragement, and friends. Good luck to all!
  • SoySalva
    SoySalva Posts: 138
    Options
    Welcome....my name is Jennie and I'm 51 yrs old. Been on the weight loss journey for 14 months now but joined MFP in March looking for that extra motivation to push me to my goal weight!

Menopause, aches, pains, meds and other health issues have made this journey a challenge, but I am determined to to see it through!

I can do this and so can YOU! Sending a friend request, hope you accept:flowerforyou:
  • fayelongs
    Options
    Hi Ginger,
    I'm 52 and struggling with my weight like never before, I contribute the difficulty I am having to menopause, I have never had such a hard time taking weight off. I really like this website though, keeping track of what I eat is very helpful to know where I may be going wrong and best of all it's free. I know that part of my problem has been lack of exercise but have started walking with my dog (who also needs to lose a few pounds) and I have a beginners yoga dvd to help with stretching and toning. I do have a bad hip that needs replacing that limits some of the exercises I can do but I am determined to get control over my weight. We can do this!