New

Options
Would like to have a friend to be my fitness pal.:smile: I'm very new at this and I also started Slim Fast today as well.
Thanks,
Lorili

Replies

• CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Welcome Lori! We are all fitness pals here! Everyone is very helpful and very inspiring. Keep your eyes to the boards and you will gain a lot of support and knowledge.

Good Luck to you!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Would like to have a friend to be my fitness pal.:smile: I'm very new at this and I also started Slim Fast today as well.
    Thanks,
    Lorili

Just like Carmen said, we're ALL pals here!
    Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    So, in my opinion, you do NOT need Slim Fast, just regular, good food! :smile:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also, under "all topics", then "general", and check out the first few threads. They'll really help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
    As for exercise, it doesn't always have to be awful. For my exercise, I walk almost every day, (weather permitting!) I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. (Like "Love Shack", Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", and "Gloria")
    It's free, (unlike a gym!) fun, and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored! :happy:
    I also recently aquired the Wii Fit, and jog to that, which is a lot of fun, and easy too! :smile:
    So, to make a LONG story short, make good food choices, eat in moderation, get some exercise, and you WILL lose the weight that you want to! :smile:
  • mead
    mead Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    welcome the people are all great
  • marlenec7
    marlenec7 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Lori,

I just started recently also. I would love to be your pal and help each orther along the way. I have signed up for a weight loss study at Pennington Biomedical in Baton Rouge, LA. It's a one year study to help you loose and maintain after you have lost the weight you would like to loose and help keep it off. It's going great!! I have lost 8lbs. in the first two weeks. This website has been a great site to help me keep track of the calories and the exercise I do on a daily basis.

The diet is just 1000 calories a day and I do a 30 minute walk 6 days a week. I am loosing 4 lbs. a week right now. I hope it continues. I would like to loose 40 lbs. The slimfast is a great way to loose your weight. It really work well. If you have any questions about the diet let me know. I look forward to keeping in touch and helping each other along the way.

Marlene
  • slimmingmom
    slimmingmom Posts: 297
    Options
    Welcome!!! You're going to love this site if you don't already :happy:

And Marlenec7....you should really eat more than 1000 calories. If you eat under 1200 calories a day for too long (like 2-4 weeks) your body will go into starvation mode and not allow your body to lose anymore weight...or even put all the weight you've lost back on. The food you eat gives your body fuel, there for in return burning fat. If you don't give that fire enough fuel, it's going to burn out.....
  • sexygrandma
    sexygrandma Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    im new here ! :glasses:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options

Hi, welcome! :flowerforyou: Great name! And now that you've found MFP, you WILL be "sexy"! :wink:
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options

Welcome to you also! This is an awesome site. You will love it here. Many success stories come from this wonderful, interactive site.

Good Luck!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This site is awesome. You will love it here if you don't already. I love it here. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • patty09
    patty09 Posts: 105
    Options
    Hi
    come and join us on the site
    20th july new start
    Hope to see you there
    Patty
  • marlenec7
    marlenec7 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Slimming Mom,

Hey,

Just wanted to let you know that I am now at my 8 week mark and I have lost a total of 20 lbs. I have been eating between 800-1000 calories and I feel great. I am under Doctor's care and am being monitored. They expected a weight loss of 2 lbs. per week and I am just a little over that. This really works. I have lost 3 sizes and many inches. I will finish the Pennington study on Monday, but I plan to continue the same regimine to lose the other 20 lbs. I would like to loose. I will start exercising on Monday and hope to tone while losing the other 20 also. This study proves that cutting your calorie intake below what your BMR is really works.

marlenec7@cox.net