Frustrated but determined...haven't lost 1 pound

Options
Hi all. I have been committed to this for 2 weeks and I haven't lost 1 pound. My husband has lost 5 and we eat & exercise EXACTLY the same. This is my favorite site and I'm not giving up but when will I lose weight???

Thanks and have a GREAT day!

Replies

• Kdiz1117
    Kdiz1117 Posts: 3
    Options
    Don't give up! Men lose weight faster than woman do anyway. I have been dieting and exercising 5 days a week for a month and a half. I lost 5 pounds my first 2 weeks, and since then i have not lost any! It is the most frustrating thing. But this past weekend i went shopping and i dropped a pants size. Even though the weight might not be going down, you can still be losing inches! Keep it up. It's tough but it is worth it.
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    it would help if you can do the following:

post your age / height / activity level / weight loss goal / BMR&TDEE (look up 'in place of a roadmap' if you dont know how to work this out)
    open your diary so people can see what you are eating

Your husband will have very different calorie requirements / exercise burns to you just due to being taller / heavier / male, so what works for him may not work for you. If I ate like my husband id be 500lbs!!!!!!!
  • tawny2727
    tawny2727 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thank you...it's definitely worth it. My energy level is up and I feel good.
  • boggsmeister
    boggsmeister Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    If you are within 20 pounds of your goal weight, it seems to be a whole different journey than if you are say, 50 pounds out.

Edit, I just saw your ticker, so the super close to goal weight isn't an issue. (It seemed like good advice based on your picture!!)
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Men lose faster and require more calories if you are eating the same amount as him you need to be doing more work than him. It sucks but thats just how we are built. You will get there it could also just be your body adjusting. Good luck!
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    If I ate like my husband id be 500lbs!!!!!!!

This!!!! My Maintenance calories are 1800, Hubby's calories to LOSE 2 LB. a week are like 2400.... You can't compare men to women on that front. Plus we have our weight fluctuate a LOT because of TOM. It is totally unfair, but such is life. Don't give up! You can do it! Slow and Steady wins the race!
  • Alonnea
    Alonnea Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I would definitely start doing measurements instead of looking at the scale. They usually give you a better idea if what you're doing is working.
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    it would help if you can do the following:

post your age / height / activity level / weight loss goal / BMR&TDEE (look up 'in place of a roadmap' if you dont know how to work this out)
    open your diary so people can see what you are eating

Your husband will have very different calorie requirements / exercise burns to you just due to being taller / heavier / male, so what works for him may not work for you. If I ate like my husband id be 500lbs!!!!!!!

I ate like my husband for a week and did not work out, he didnt either, I gained 5 pounds he lost 2. Go figure
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    In addition to all of the above... this is a pretty frequent observation on MFP... you will start to lose weight, but when is a tough question as it's different for everyone and some people start more slowly than others

As the other posters said, if you're eating the same calorie count as your husband, he's going to lose faster because he's got a bigger frome and muscle mass than you.

By the same token, though, a loss of a few lbs is more likely to show on you than on him ;-p

Keep at it and good luck!
    All the best to both of you,
    Jen
  • a1wonder
    a1wonder Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I feel you pain, I've been working out like a dog and counting everything and my husband (just from our change of dinner diet) visually is losing weight. Everyone keeps coming up to him and complimenting him, while he spends the evenings gaming (RAGE).

Men, Boys, Ah, darn your responsive bodies lol

Don't be fustrated though, it will come off stop looking at the scale and take some progress pic and review them every two weeks. Even if the scale doesn't budge you'll see the difference.

Best of luck to you
  • misbhavn
    misbhavn Posts: 1
    Options
    The same has happened to me as well. I eat the calories that mfp suggest. I try to eat at least half of the workout calories. And instead of the scale going down it has gone up. When I eat, it is not like I am eating junk. I eat healthy. I workout 5 days a week incorporating HITT and strength on non consecutive days. I sometimes wonder why I am trying so hard and not seeing the benefits. good luck to you.
  • Nektariosmom
    Nektariosmom Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh! I have been thinking the same thing all day.... Two weeks tomorrow and nada. I am very sad. I exercise a lot and I am eating what it says to eat.... HELP
  • leslieleet
    leslieleet Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    don't give up!!!! I know for me in order to lose weight, i have to cut out most of my carbs--they stick to me like glue.
    I love, love, love fruit, but i had to cut that out in order to lose--i am only down 3, but i gained 1 back becuase i can't leave the fruit alone.
  • Mary1hill
    Options
    DONT GET FUSTRATED LADIES . ONLY DO CARDIO FOR TWO WEEKS NOT OTHER WORK OUTS AND DO ABOUT 30-45 MINS AND YOU SHOULD SEE A DIFFERENCE REMEMBER MUSCLE WEIGHS MORE THAN FAT