New here!

Options
Hey everyone!
I'm new to all this.. Exercising, eating right, everything! I'm not scared or nervous b/c I'm starting it.. I'm scared that I won't stay motivated to keep going! I just started drinking Slim Fast, and eating a healthy dinner. I'm on my 2nd day, and I'm doing fine so far, but I'm afraid that I'll get unmotivated if I don't see that I'm losing weight.. I know it doesn't happen over night, but I'm so dang impatient! :grumble:

What are some ways you stay motivated?

Replies

• justkrissy
    justkrissy Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I took a picture of myself in a bathingsuit! lol! Everytime I get discouraged I look at that picture and BAM! All my motivation comes back. Half the time I don't think about how big I am right now, but when I see that picture and how yucky it is, and how much I want to look good and feel good and be healthy. All my motivation comes back. I've only been doing this for a little over a week, but every other time I've tried, I've only lasted a couple days because of my lack of patiences.
  • Expialidojess
    Expialidojess Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I know they can be a little cheesy sometimes, but I change my computer desktop to a new fitness or healthy eating related motivational saying every few days so that whenever I'm on the computer it reminds me of why I'm doing this. My background currently says - "You can feel sore tomorrow or you can feel sorry tomorrow. You choose."

The picture thing totally helps too. I'm doing Insanity and when I compare my pictures from 4 weeks ago to now, they really motivate me to keep going.
  • Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Go to my closet and look at the number of outfits I can't fit into!
  • shannoncuth
    Options
    HI THERE WELCOME I ALSO NEW AT ALL OF THIS TO..:smile:
  • Riddickeye
    Options
    Im new here just looking for motivated people to travel with! Friend me
  • annallen53
    annallen53 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I took pictures of myself, and thought about putting the picture on my fridge. Thinking maybe I would turn away from the food when I saw myself, but I don't want my kids to starve either. LOL!

I've thought about doing insanity, but it's so expensive!
  • a1wonder
    a1wonder Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I found simply logging in everyday and reading articles posted and chatting with my mfp friends really helps me out.

I don't necessarily get useful support from my family, friends or spouse so its nice to be able to log on, post a little and check out the motivation section and instantly I start feeling better.

Seeing the success everyone is having out there especially ppl my age and weight that work full time keeps me hauling my *kitten* into the gym every lunch hour, and taking walks on my breaks.

Also posting your fitness excersie log and seeing it displayed in the home feed definately make me very happy, I'll admit it I like to be recognized for my hard work so when of my friends comments on a great work out I'm truely delighted and I try to pass that feeling along by posting support to other ppls daily accomplishments.

You will see results, make sure your looking at the whole picture, not just the scale, but your measurements, your energy level, being able to go a littler farther, lift a little heaver or take the cardio machine to a new harder level.

Best of luck in your fitness journey, feel free to add me
  • deboraharise
    Options
    Hello!
    I am also new to this site...my trainer directed me to try it...Love it so far!
  • bkafumbe
    bkafumbe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    :glasses: I just joined today. I have been working out aggressively but seems like i eat as much. LOL. Now i want join and see if this helps put me back to thin lean old self. I am a new mom as well. Any new moms who can give tips on how to shed these 'love handles' especially around the tummy?..
  • annallen53
    annallen53 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have love handles as well, but not a new mom. Those things are hard to get rid of! I talked to someone at the gym I used to go to, and they said the more you lose weight, the more they will shrink.. Maybe someone will have some better advise!
  • wompie99
    wompie99 Posts: 1
    Options
    Started this on Friday and finding it really helps . just monitoring what i am eating was a real eye opener. Feeling good already , just put a mar's bar back in the fridge and had a glass of water instead.
  • lsang
    lsang Posts: 22
    Options
    set small goals so you don't get discouraged; get yourself into a good routine, find exercies that you enjoy... walk your dog or take your kids to the park for a stroll or a scavenger hunt; make it about becoming a healthier person, not just loosing weight
    this site is a great tool, people keep you motivated every day