his and hers help

Options
hi i've been here for around 2 months, had a bad spell (oops, hey i saw it and didn't gain! now doing something about it!) problem is, i need to loose and hubby NEEDS to gain, he's 5'9" and 145 soaking wet (as the joke goes) trying to find budget meals that will assist with both problems, so far we just split meals in three 1/3 me 2/3 him but it's not easy, he averages around 5000 cals most days just to maintain.

looking for advice on what to feed him without tempting me that's on a budget, otherwise the problem is: food = work harder to buy more food = need more food from burn more = round we go again! we've even tried shocking met during week off work and didn't do a thing.

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    add oil to all his meals, and have him drink more of his cals.
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Make him protein shakes to snack on. They are usually full of calories.

I wish this was my problem!
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Carnation instant breakfast. I figure it's cheaper than most protein powders.
  • PoorGirlEatingHealthy
    Options
    My hubby and I are the same way. He has put some weight on over the years but he is just naturally skinny. Some people are just born with great metabolisms!
  • StephTink76
    StephTink76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Same here!

I've been with my hubby since we were 16 and he's never gotten higher than 135!!! And he eats CONSTANTLY!!!

(You get the "What does she do, eat all his food?" comments?)

Since I've started working out pretty heavy, he's gotten more interested too.

He drinks 2 or 3 protein drinks (ex. Muscle Milk) a day along with his "normal" meals... I don't think he's ever going to be a big man, but it's definitely working!