I hate this!!!!

Options
Tonight I have to get fast food, although I really don't want to, and the only one that is close to my house is McDonalds. I have been rummaging through their menus trying to find something that wont totally ruin my day and not a single thing to eat is under 300 calories. Here I was thinking I would get one of the chicken wraps or a grilled chicken sandwhich and the calories are so high in those I'm better off getting a cheeseburger!!! Why can't there be such a thing as healthy fast food!!

Replies

• Karaboo
    Karaboo Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    what about something off the kid's menu?
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    That's not true - Any salad with grilled chicken at Mcd's is 320 calories OR LESS.... go with a low cal dressing and you should be okay. Heck, bring your own dressing - Kraft Light and Kraft Free are great options... some as low as 25 cals for 2 TBSP.

A hamburger (no cheese, no mayo) is 300 cals.

6 piece chicken nuggets is 190 cals

Apple dippers are 35 cals; the caramel dip that goes with them is 70 cals.

You can still make a good choice, it really doesn't matter WHERE you eat.

Other options are a side salad and just the apples with that 6 piece chicken nuggets.... honey mustard sauce is the lowest cal nugget sauce at 70 cals, but they taste fine without dipping sauce and you can always toss them in your salad.

No excuses.... my motto. :tongue:

I made a cheat sheet with all the fast food places we usually eat, and healthiest options I could choose from those places..... I keep it folded up in my wallet. It is empowering and I don't have the feeling of failure before we even go anywhere to eat. :bigsmile:
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    McDonalds actually has some new salads that are pretty good, I think one is the Mediterranean or something like that, very tasty. That or a grilled chicken wrap isn't too bad for fast food. It would be nice if they had better options for sure.
    Good luck :bigsmile:
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Sorry Double Post:bigsmile:
  • leighoconnell
    Options
    Any salad with grilled chicken at Mcd's is 320 calories OR LESS.... go with a low cal dressing and you'll be okay.

A hamburger (no cheese, no mayo) is 300 cals.

6 piece chicken nuggets is 190 cals

Apple dippers are 35 cals; the caramel dip that goes with them is 70 cals.

You can still make a good choice, it really doesn't matter WHERE you eat.

Other options are a side salad and just the apples with that 6 piece chicken nuggets.... honey mustard sauce is the lowest cal nugget sauce at 70 cals, but they taste fine without dipping sauce and you can always toss them in your salad.

Unfortunately I'm on blood thinners right now and am not allowed to eat salads because of the lettuce.
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    There are some healthy fast food options. Wendys, Arbys, Subway all have some healthy options. Even KFC has grilled chicken now and the calorie counts are pretty low.

Mcdonalds offers some salads and low fat/fat free dressing. I think one of the salads has grilled chicken on it so you'll get in your protien and your veggies.

My question: Why do you have to get fast food? There are probably other options available to you that are just as fast and easy.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Tonight I have to get fast food, although I really don't want to, and the only one that is close to my house is McDonalds. I have been rummaging through their menus trying to find something that wont totally ruin my day and not a single thing to eat is under 300 calories. Here I was thinking I would get one of the chicken wraps or a grilled chicken sandwhich and the calories are so high in those I'm better off getting a cheeseburger!!! Why can't there be such a thing as healthy fast food!!

kids burger?? Cut one in 1/2 maybe? :smile:
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I'm on blood thinners right now and am not allowed to eat salads because of the lettuce.

Well that sucks! :sick:

You could still do a regular hamburger or 6pc chicken nuggets and apple dippers (2 packs of apples and 1 pack of caramel to dip them in if you want the treat?)
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Chicken McNuggets® (4 piece)
    190 100 12 2 0 30 400 11 0 0 10 0 1 8 0.5

Fruit 'n Yogurt Parfait (without granola) (7 oz) »
    130 15 2 1 0 5 55 25 0 19 4 25 10 120 0.5
    Total : 310 120 13 3 0 35 460 36 1 19 13 25 11 130 1
    % Daily Value ** : - - 20 14 - 12 19 12 2 - - 0 20 15 6

4 piece nugget and (yummy) fruit parfait - 320 calories.
  • beba
    beba Posts: 3
    Options
    well that suck i had the same problem but i look in the kid menu and i had the 5 piece of chiken: and then drunk alot of water
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Anything grilled chicken is made with chicken select strips, which are basically pure saturated fat. Unless something has changed recently - entirely possible. I haven't eaten there in years (and my body is thanking me for it).

Sure there isn't a subway near by? Or even a grocery store where you could run in fast and grab something?
  • Kris93
    Kris93 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Every time I go to Mcdonalds, I get a snack wrap with GRILLED chicken and ranch dressing. It's really yummy :tongue: and only has 270 calories. It fills me up pretty well too. And on some nights when you have room for more, have one of their fruit and yogurt parfaits! (only 170 calories) :flowerforyou:
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    what about the grilled chicken wrap with no dressing.
  • leighoconnell
    Options
    The main problem is that I am on crutches and its very difficult for me to carry things or get around on my own. My father is out of town for the night so thats why im getting fast food, cause there is a drive through and my neighborhood is sketchy to say the least. But I found a Wendy's only slightly out of the way on my way home and got a yummy Jr. Cheeseburger, small chili, and a mandarin cup which totaled 540 calories for my entire dinner. I am having water to drink with it. :smile:
  • donna56
    donna56 Posts: 412
    Options
    I don't know if there is an arbys close by you, but I work at one. 1) I eat there sometimes twice aday and can stay low cal. 2) Go to Arbys.com, they have a nutritional info. on their website. It is very helpful

208998.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter