Options

Replies

• AmandaLAcosta
    Options
    WTF!!! That's just wrong!
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    My question is what kind of doctor would do this. I though the oath said first do no harm???????
  • sarahdee2007
    Options
    I have seen a couple threads like this. I have a friend that is too thin. Her dr told her to gain some weight or he would get her a feeding tube. I can't imagine wanting a feeding tube to lose weight.. The whole point of them was to help keep you healthy. What kind of quack endorses this idea?
  • catjrow3
    catjrow3 Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    its horrid, and whats worse, they pay $1500 for 10 days and I bet they will gain it back in 10 days too, as its just mostly water weight gone... duh!!! (smacks head...) If they just want to throw away good money, they can throw my way :)
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    "Back in the early 20th century people used tapeworms for weight loss. Human nature hasn't changed in that time frame." - Lyle McDonald
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    When enough brides pass out from lack of food/nutrition at their wedding, they will stop this foolishness.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    "Back in the early 20th century people used tapeworms for weight loss. Human nature hasn't changed in that time frame." - Lyle McDonald

Exactly.
    We like it quick and easy.
    Which is how we tend to get fat. (See Drivethrus)
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    That seems crazy. Not that I endorse crash diets, but they could just drink the nutrition in the form of shakes and get the same dubious results without having a tube running from their noses to their stomachs.
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I was in the hospital for a GI bleed back in 2003 and they put an NG tube in me. It hurt like hell and made me projectile vomit when they put it in as it hit my gag reflex. Anyone who wants one of these on purpose has some serious issues!
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    When enough brides pass out from lack of food/nutrition at their wedding, they will stop this foolishness.

Yeah, I would plan on needing my energy wedding night!
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    OH brother!! I love the "Jennifer Derrick's weight had crept to 159 pounds from 125..." No it didn't! You ate a little more, you exercised a little less... I know it seems to sneak up, but come on... you had to know it was happening. Give me a break.
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I was JUST about to post this link. No words.
  • moegomes
    moegomes Posts: 16
    Options
    OMG! Is all I can say... I saw that today on Kathy Lee and Hoda... WTH! Are we Brides that deranged when it comes to our weddings. I wasn't like that. Geez.. Of course, I wanted to look good. I bought a dress that flattered me and made feel pretty. To think that there are doctors out there that do this...

This is just another form of an eating disorder... :-(
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Apart from it just being disgusting IMO, it makes me question why people are so fecking LAZY. Most people plan their wedding for upwards of a year, so get off your butt, figure out a work out and eating plan and and do it the healthy, long lasting way. We are such a culture of instant gratification and quick fixes.

The sheer laziness of this approach is really pressing my buttons, I find it offensive!
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    If only people would spend this much time planning for their MARRIAGES.
  • Amberchalon
    Amberchalon Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    My question is what kind of doctor would do this. I though the oath said first do no harm???????
    The new oath translates to 'no harm to my financial well-being'
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

WOOT!
    You win, lady!!
    My soon to be SIL has been planning her (2nd) wedding from the day AFTER my brother proposed.
    And their relationship leaves much to be desired.
    I feel sorry for them both.
  • ncahill77
    ncahill77 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Don't beat me down here but I can maybe see this for health reasons for a very few people. I know they have proposed severe diabetics and Super morbidly obese people can reverse some health problems very fast with a ridiculously restriced diet (around 500 calories) for a short time then followed by healthy diet and weight loss, but even then I'm not sure it would be worth it.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    These women aren't fit to be married.

There's one person to blame for

a)the crappy shape youre in

and

b)the (too soon!!) date you chose to get married.

They're also probly the kinda women who'd blame the husband for both ^

Gross.
  • missleah26
    missleah26 Posts: 146 Member
    Options

THIS! My husband and I agree that the best part of wedding planning was the Engaged Couples' Weekend we had to do as part of our Pre-Cana at church. After seeing both our sets of parents get divorced in the time we've been together, we know it takes more than a wedding to make a marriage.

Did we love our wedding? Yep. Do we love being married more? Double yep.