EGGS...too many different calories in Database

Options
Hi...i want to start eating hard boiled eggs in the morning....but the food database show too many different calories.
one showed 1 hard boil egg as 211 cal...thats high...im changing my mind on eating eggs.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,031 Member
    Options
    Use the entries with no Asterisk ( * ) in front of them. Those entries were entered by either the Site Admin, or you. They will be correct if entered by the Admin.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Hi...i want to start eating hard boiled eggs in the morning....but the food database show too many different calories.
    one showed 1 hard boil egg as 211 cal...thats high...im changing my mind on eating eggs.

Actually that 211 calories is one CUP of chopped up boiled eggs! Change the serving size to 1 large (or whatever size you have) egg and it goes down to around 78 calories.
  • amy4586
    amy4586 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I eat hard boiled egss every morning (fast and easy since i don't have time to mess around in the AM, lol) and the egg carton says 70 cals per egg so 211 is wayyyy to high. I think on my diary it comes up as 154 cals or something like that. It's close enough so I just leave it.
  • hannahbanana0480
    hannahbanana0480 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Look on your egg carton. It should tell you how many calories are in those particular eggs. You can either add them to the database or look for one that matches.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    yeah. a large egg is, roughly, 70 calories.
  • regina2063
    regina2063 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    ok...so are eggs are alot of calories. are they really good for you. and how many whole one should you eat in the mornings
  • mfp_1
    mfp_1 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Search for 'egg usda'.

Or go direct to the USDA database at:
    http://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/foods/list
    (select 'Dairy and egg products')

The USDA values are:
    143 cal per 100 g raw
    155 cal per 100 g boiled

Small egg = 38 g
    medium egg = 44 g
    large egg = 50 g
    jumbo egg =63 g
  • EpilogueOfYouth
    EpilogueOfYouth Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Eggs are roughly 70 - 80 calories :)
  • Angiesolomon
    Angiesolomon Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'd look on the egg carton but also weigh the egg to make sure.
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Eggs are delicious....
  • mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    check the carton, i usually input eggs manually using the details on the box!!!!