Ezekiel bread.. by far the healthiest / best choice?

Options
what do you all think of ezekiel bread? heard great things about this bread and that it's one of the healthiest/best options.... i'm starting to eat low carb (under 60g a day) not sure if that's low but TO ME, it is lol.. and i can't seem to let go of BREAD! has anyone tried this bread??

Replies

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    t's very good. But do you like it- that's the question.
  • Mindarin
    Mindarin Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    It's yummy! I love it! The only thing is that it doesn't turn into very good toast. :P
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I :heart: Ezekiel bread. My favorite is raisin cinnimon, toasted, with peanut butter and marmelade. Yummmmm!!!!
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    what do you all think of ezekiel bread? heard great things about this bread and that it's one of the healthiest/best options.... i'm starting to eat low carb (under 60g a day) not sure if that's low but TO ME, it is lol.. and i can't seem to let go of BREAD! has anyone tried this bread??

Sprouted breads are no more healthy than other whole grain breads:
    http://articles.latimes.com/2009/oct/12/health/he-nutrition12

So just pick a whole grain brand you like, whether it is Ezekiel or any other brand.
  • sl1ngsh0t
    sl1ngsh0t Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm really into Rudi's Bakery Spelt bread. Spelt is a low-gluten grain, and toasts most deliciously!
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    WOW!!! I looked it up. One story said it was made with "Human Dung". Ezekiel 4:9.
  • lilv711
    lilv711 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I kept hearing so much about this "wonder bread" (no pun intended) I decided to pick some up at the grocery store today.

I was *not* impressed.

It's OK.. just not all that great-tasting to me, and the stats are no better than the whole grain honey wheat bread I usually eat every day. It also came out the consistency of a cracker when toasted, and since it needs to be kept in the freezer/'fridge that's the only way it can really be eaten. Considering that it also set me back $4.99 for a loaf, it's not worth it.

Just my $0.02...
  • chris1816
    chris1816 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Just bake your own. It's easier, cheaper, and healthier.

Hit me up if you want a few recipes, I never buy bread anymore.
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Just bake your own. It's easier, cheaper, and healthier.

Hit me up if you want a few recipes, I never buy bread anymore.

Agreed.. not to mention a good way of punching out frustrations and burning a few calories in the process!

Although I *do* cheat most of the time and toss everything in the bread machine... :happy:
  • yesca192324
    Options
    I personally love Ezekiel bread and I look forward to it EVERY morning :)....someone else mention that it doesn't turn into good toast and I disagree. I keep my frozen and when I want to use it I pop it in the toaster on medium and it comes out perfect <3. I found that it molds after a week and I don't go thru a whole loaf in a week.
  • dreanance
    dreanance Posts: 246
    Options
    As a vegetarian the fact that it is a complete protein is something I really like about it. I LOVE the english muffins, both the plain and the raisin ones.
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Hey lady! I love Ezekiel everything. Breads, cereal, muffins, wraps. That's so funny that another member doesn't like.the bread toasted, that's the only way I eat it. I need to avoid flour so for me they're wonderful. How something whole, without preservatives and added sugar is no better than a loaf of processed wheat bread is beyond me. However, I agree that the most important thing is that you like it. Don't choke it down just because it's better than white bread. That's no way to live. Eat what you enjoy! No single ingredient or food is a magic bullet. 15 slices of Ezekiel bread in a day is as bad as 15 slices of white. Will trading one slice of healthier bread to replace your one slice of white make or break your diet? No.