What Not to Do .. My Story !!!

Options
Being a single dad of 2 great kids and working in the construction industry, running here and there for sports, dance, meeting with teachers and so on really can take its toll on you, but I was able to manage through it. So in November 2010 I decided that I had to do something about my weight, or I was going to die, and leave these 2 children alone without their father. There was NO way I was going to let that happen. Starting of at 292 pounds, I was always sore, lazy and always embarrassed about my size. I hit P90X hard, doing cardio in the morning and the actual program in the evening. With In 3 months I was down to 212 pounds. I felt great and loved the transformation of my body. I was running, playing hockey, my job was so much easier and the comments were amazing.. “NOW I thought I was done”, and went back to my old habits, not working out, eating what ever I wanted, few to many beers, and chicken wings and doing nothing. And slowly I was gaining weight back and loosing the muscle. As of today all most a year and a half later I’m sitting at 302 pounds.. Miserable, tired, lazy, and huge. ---BUT--- today I have started P90X and started eating right again. My goal is to get to 200 and maintain that, stay fit, and be healthy.. I can say that I will never have to type this kind of post ever again. I’m here to be fit, be healthy and help others achieve there goals as well. If you have any comments, questions, or just want to be Pals feel free to ask away, add me to your friends list, or what ever it maybe. Best wishes and good luck to everyone in the healthy lifestyles
Cheers

Replies

• skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    C ~ You know we are here for you !! I watched you transform your body a year ago and Im sure you will do it again..YOU are NOT a quitter..I know that and I beleive in you ! YOu can and will do this again...Don't beat your self up sweetie we have all done it. its a vicious cycle. Stay here and stay focused together we can do anything !!!!!

Im right here, cheering you on !!!!!
    xoxoxo
    Lori
  • kenlad64
    kenlad64 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    You can do it and stay the way you want to be. I am glad you are back with a vengeance. Results will by yours. I am going to enjoy watching you do this and sticking with it.
  • zaftigal
    zaftigal Posts: 6
    Options
    I've gone through the same thing with losing weight and then falling back into old habits. This time around I definitely feel more committed and don't want to relapse again. Best of luck to you!
  • acresfield
    acresfield Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I think most people on here have done what you have done to a greater or lesser extent. I have always lost weight in a really unhealthy way. Eaten too little and exercised too much and then as soon as I stop either have put weight back on again.

I lost 20lb last year by october and by christmas had put half of it back on again. As others have said, this time with the knowledge learned from MFP I am doing it healthily. Eating more, not starving, exercising more, and losing a bit of weight slowly. hopefully that way it will stay off.

Cheers for sharing.
  • wannabehotmomma
    wannabehotmomma Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    You can do it Gumby!! We are here for you!!
  • Myndi73
    Myndi73 Posts: 270
    Options
    Awesome! Welcome Back!
  • TinaCleg_cancel
    Options
    We believe ! You can do it. It's your health and you are your children's role model :) Good luck !
  • PrncessBre
    PrncessBre Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    You did it before and you can do it again!!! Good luck on your journey!!!
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Love your story! Keep up the hard work!
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I've heard some say that the longer it takes to take it all off the more likely you are to keep it off. Slow and steady, I guess. But that's easier said than done. Once we start to see results we naturally want to see more and more at a more rapid pace. We have to make a lifestyle change. You have your kids and your life to look forward to enjoying. You can do this and you KNOW what you need to do!
  • samlankford
    samlankford Posts: 334
    Options
    Think ot it this way, you ARE a quitter!! you are quitting an unhealthy lifestyle correct?! I eat candy every now and then, have a few drinks every now and then but I don't make it a SPORT anymore like I used to.. now I get to do inanity/p90x2 hybrid program starting on the 23rd.. who would ever think a girl with MS could do this!!

work well for those babies, SHOW them how to be strong like you :smile:
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I’ve been there before, so congrats on realizing that you need to make a change and stick with it. You are going to do well this time around, and keep it off too. I just know it!
  • Tall_E
    Tall_E Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Thanks for honestly sharing your story. I agree that we've all done the same thing to some degree. Another learning opportunity...:happy: You sound wiser now and I don't doubt that you'll do much better this time. Your boys are lucky to have such a caring, determined dad!
  • rachmarie87
    rachmarie87 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've been going back and forth with weight for several years, It's super hard to keep motivated.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you!
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    We won't let you stop again...i requested you...i am a happy pain in the *kitten*!
  • boggsmeister
    boggsmeister Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Been there. My current plan is to lose 6 pounds a month, living a lifestyle I can maintain for the rest of my life. When I hit my goal weight I won't need to change anything, because I am perfectly content eating the way I do right now forever. So, don't try to lose weight in a way you don't want to live. At least that's me theory. I'll get back to you in five years to see if I actually live it out. :)
  • acresfield
    acresfield Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    We won't let you stop again...i requested you...i am a happy pain in the *kitten*!

Confirmed! :)
  • klshannon12
    klshannon12 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing!! I am so glad that you are back and we can do this together and be strong for our kids! You can do it! Way to go I am proud of you for coming back!
  • jenna25
    jenna25 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    You can do this! and dont feel alone...ive lost and gained the same stubborn 10 pounds many times now...need to get my butt in gear and motivate myself again! congrats to you for making a change! you can and will do this and keep the weight off for good!