Hardest part of 30ds?

Options

Replies

• babydoll0873
    babydoll0873 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm on level 2. Lots of plank position exercises!!! Ive heard quite a few people say that this level really makes your body change and I can see why!!! My arms and shoulders were sore after day 1 and 2!!

The push ups were hard for me too but by the last few days I could do them all. Keep pushing through!

I cant imagine what level 3 is like!
  • danielle1983cov
    Options
    The last strength bit - the chest flies are fine, but the arm raises are just vile! And the push ups...oh God the push ups...

I hate Jillian, but I also love her for making me do these things!:wink:
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options
    I agree, push ups and the plank but its because i have tendonitis in my wrist and putting pressure on it can hurt after a while.
  • misti17
    misti17 Posts: 106
    Options
    I am on my 2nd round of 30 DS and I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I first started I could barely do 1 push up, now I can go all the way down and up over and over again. I can't beleive the difference in my strength. Bodywise, I notice the most difference in my arms, stomach and calves. Would like to see more difference in my hips and thighs. I lost 16 inches overall the first time, and I'm on level 2 already this second time around, so interested to see what differences are next.
  • Collidoscopekid
    Collidoscopekid Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I am so glad to hear everyone is doing well with 30ds. I know it can be hard but we can all keep going!
  • eellis2000
    eellis2000 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    the anterior raises with the side lunges, and all the jumping is killing my calves... d1l1 done...

eta: oh yeah i did this dvd for 16 days last year and it helped alot so i'm back to it and hoping to finish it this time....good luck everyone and happy shredding
  • xx_donna_xx
    xx_donna_xx Posts: 144
    Options
    All of the strength training kills me, esp the push ups- even doing the girlie style I can't manage them all. Also the lunges. Those two are the ones I can't get through without having to stop :(
  • xx_donna_xx
    xx_donna_xx Posts: 144
    Options
    All of the strength training kills me, esp the push ups- even doing the girlie style I can't manage them all. Also the lunges. Those two are the ones I can't get through without having to stop :(

Oh btw i'm going onto day 7 of level 1
  • MyTime1985
    MyTime1985 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    The bicycle crunches at the end...TORTURE!:grumble:
  • katscoots
    katscoots Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    The side lunges with shoulder raises were the hardest on me. :heart:

ME TOO...hated level 1. Level 2 and 3 worked much better for me.
  • jankleberry
    jankleberry Posts: 508
    Options
    Push ups kill me, just the modified ones! and the jumping jacks leave me with sore ankles :(
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    The side lunges with shoulder raises were the hardest on me. :heart:

this here for me also. I have pretty good upper body strength as I am a food server so carrying all those heavy plates and dirty dishes and heavy trays of drinks paid off but my lower body is weak. And working both upper and lower at the same time is so hard!
  • manasunshine
    Options
    ive never had a single pushup right. now even the modified ones:ohwell:
  • sherrybaby81
    sherrybaby81 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    The jump rope! And mostly the cardio, but I find the jumping jacks are getting easier. The push ups are hard also but I find I got better as I progressed.

Kinda scared of level 3...
  • marmitegirly2
    marmitegirly2 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I struggle with Anita' s push ups, but what I am doing is still an effort so all in the right direction I guess! (I'm only on level one...)
  • speediejane
    speediejane Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    DAY 1 OF 30ds AND I HATE THE JUMPING JACKS - BUT COMPLETED LEVEL ONE TODAY -ALREADY FOR TOMORROW
  • SkettiGurl
    SkettiGurl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I struggled with EVERYTHING upper body. I found the first circut in Level one the hardest and then in Level two the 3rd circut was definitely the killer...I STILL can't do that full ab workout! But it's upper body that I REALLY struggled with. Saying that. I could only do maybe 2 or 3 pushups when I started and by day 9 I was able to do the whole set.

It's AMAZING how fast your body changes when you force it!

Keep going! You can do it!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I agree with the side lunges/shoulder raises. What size wights do you use? I use 5 lbs for most of the workouts, but I generally switch to 3 lbs for these, especially the second set.
  • Numptcakes
    Numptcakes Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Cardio with shin splints = ow, ow, ow...

Press ups on level 1 were hard and I had to stick to girly ones, but I found it easier to walk out the press-ups in Level 2. Side lunges with anterior raises - did alternate arms and then together for one for the whole 10 days. And now chair squats and those lifty things? You can forget about it. Even 3 days in I'm having to modify that.
  • HarlCarl
    HarlCarl Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Level 1, bicycle crunches. I still can't do them like the one girl, but much smoother than in the beginning.
    Level 2, I really hated the oblique twists in level 2, I love them now.
    Level 3, jumping lunges, the ab/leg cross-over thing (raised rump,) and regular sit-ups. "Why doesn't anyone do regular sit ups anymore?"

I worked on form the first couple of days of each level, that seemed to help. My scale was stuck until I started shredding and it's finally started moving again...losing inches, too. Sometimes, I'll do more than one level per day.

:love: I love Jillian (even though she's always saying, "ladies....") :love: