Guacamole Recipe?

Options
msarro
msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
So, I adore guacamole. And I know its really healthy for you, but I've never made it. So, who has a yummy, SPICY guacamole recipe? :wink:

Replies

• Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    This is super simple but...

mashed avacado + salsa

That's it! Healthy, easy, and you can make it as spicy as you want! Basic I know, but I'm sure people can fancy it up! :tongue:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    I do mashed avacado, grated onion, grate tomato, salsa, garlic powder and salt. YUM!!!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    You can buy the pre-made spice mixes too (spicy to mild) by the avocados.

I like to use those, add some chopped red onion, tabasco, crushed red pepper, garlic salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce (very little) little lemon juice (again, very little) and chopped tomatoes.

Now I want some. :tongue:
  • pattitricia85
    Options
    i mash an avocado and add minced fresh garlic (lots!!) and salt. sometimes i just mash an avocado and have it plain... so good. Also, at my grocery store there is a pre made seasoning near the avocados. that is really really good!
  • specialsong77
    specialsong77 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    i mash an avocado and add minced fresh garlic (lots!!) and salt. sometimes i just mash an avocado and have it plain... so good. Also, at my grocery store there is a pre made seasoning near the avocados. that is really really good!

I do the same thing and just plain old mashed avacado is so delicious!!

With pita bread or chips it is super good!
  • ms61840
    ms61840 Posts: 29
    Options
    Here is my recipe. I always get compliments and I have never had any leftovers no matter how much I make!

3 avacados
    1/8 c finely minced red onion (add more if you like it spicier)
    1/4 c chopped fresh cilantro
    juice of 1/4 lemon
    1 tbs salsa
    generous pinch of kosher salt
    (optional for spiciness) minced jalapeno to taste

combine all the ingredients in a bowl and use the back of a fork to mash the avacado and mix the ingredients. Enjoy!!
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Yummmmy!!! :flowerforyou:

Now where are the chips and margaritas??? :laugh: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • titadks
    titadks Posts: 10
    Options
    MS61840...This one is my favorite...the lemon really adds flavor & it keeps teh avocado from oxidizing. Fresh ground black pepper is also a good addition, add some garlic to give it some really good flavor & it's good for your heart.:happy:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

Now you're talking!! :drinker:
  • Eryn47
    Eryn47 Posts: 34
    Options

Now you're talking!! :drinker:

you have noooooo idea how good that sounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • kaliena22
    Options
    OMGosh we have lived on Guacamole since starting the new lifestyle. In the past I had always heard bad things about Guacamole and avacados in general but it was hooey! Avocados are super nutritious check it out - http://www.avocado.org/healthy-living/nutrition

Hubby Guacamole Recipe, :love:
    (Substitute the “chips” for Cheese flavored KA-ME Rice Crackers- 120 calories for 17crackers:drinker: )

Makes Big Bowl for dip for family of 4…. tops 32 – 34 rice crackers (4 servings =240 calories each)
    2 medium black (California) avocados (500 calories, 45 grams fat)
    6 tbsp Hellmann’s Light Mayonnaise (210 calories, 24 grams fat)
    1/4 cups chopped onions (15 calories)
    1/5 cup chopped (small) tomatoes
    1/2 tsp minced garlic or small clove (2-4 calories)
    salt (couple dashes )
    HOT ground red pepper (dash to taste)
    *for every half an avocado adds 2 tbsp Hellmann’s Light Mayonnaise (35 calories per Tbsp, 4 fat, 1 sat fat)
    Recipes for KA-ME crackers http://www.kame.com/recipes/corinnes/index.shtml
    Disclaimer - do your own math mine.. not so good sometimes :embarassed: :huh:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    This is super simple but...

mashed avacado + salsa

That's it! Healthy, easy, and you can make it as spicy as you want! Basic I know, but I'm sure people can fancy it up! :tongue:

That's what I do too!
  • wks7777
    wks7777 Posts: 230
    Options
    i actually made some last night, i mashed avacado,lemon juice, with garlic powder, minced red onion, and crushed red pepper. I had it with organic blue corn chips, it was really yummy
  • joanewright
    Options
    These all sound really good!!! I've never made anything with avocados...
    Thanks!
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Darnit, garlic is what I was missing last night when I made it!
    I got 2 avocados, a red pepper, a handful of garden fresh cherry tomatoes, a quarter of a red onion, a jalapeno, and about 2 tbsp of chili powder. Mashed it all up together along with the juice from one lime. The lime flavor ended up being waaaay too strong, but its still eatable. I figure on the upside it'll hopefully not turn brown right away.

If it does turn brown, its still edible right?? I also stored it with a seed inside.