Apple Butter

Options
Can somebody tell me what section of the supermarket I could find apple butter in?

Replies

• wtchywmn
    wtchywmn Posts: 193
    Options
    Can somebody tell me what section of the supermarket I could find apple butter in?
  • AndreaMMil
    AndreaMMil Posts: 165
    Options
    jam & jelly section...
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I personally have not found this in the regular supermarket.
    I found it in a local (small) grocery store that carries local goods and products.

sorry I couldn't be more help.
  • wtchywmn
    Options
    thank you both, I will look again.:happy:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    There's a couple places you can find it -

-With peanut butter and jelly (normally there's a section with fruit butters)
    -In baked goods (a lot of vegans use apple butter in cooking, according to the baker at Wegman's)
    -In health foods/organic foods
    -In produce

Ask a stock person or the front desk - most stores have it, they just keep it in wierd places. It took me about a half hour to find it even with the store clerk's help. A lot of times they get it from local farmers too, so its great that you can support your local agriculture and eat healthy at the same time!
  • wtchywmn
    Options
    msarro -

what are some of the ways to use apple butter?
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I normally use it as a spread or mixed with cottage cheese. I'm not really sure how to use it in baking outside of mixing it into bread dough :(
  • wtchywmn
    Options
    Thanks msarro, I will try those.
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I put in on toast instead of butter...mighty tasty!
  • lilnatn2
    lilnatn2 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    its sooo yummy on top of wheat toast with peanut butter!

and its almost always in the jam/jelly section.
  • mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    Options
    I just bought some on Sunday at Walmart Supercenter. It was right next to the strawberry preserves. I eat it on toast, but as a kid we had it between to slices of white bread and called it lunch :happy:
  • moonshadow
    Options
    I just bought some on Sunday at Walmart Supercenter. It was right next to the strawberry preserves. I eat it on toast, but as a kid we had it between to slices of white bread and called it lunch :happy:

I use to shop at Walmart for my food til I found out that their label "Great Value" which is a Walmart brand comes from China. I had bought the oatmeal and found something really strange in it and was going to contact them and that led me to find that most of the food comes from China which does not have regulation or oversight commities Moonshadow====I still dont know what it was and I will not describe it to you because it is really gross.
  • splenda
    splenda Posts: 24
    Options
    mmmmm now that sounds good.

used to have it all the time. So we know it's good,

Is it good FOR you?