ZUMBA WORKOUT

Options
I just recently purchased a Sportline SX Heart Rate Monitor with a chest strap. I finally taught myself how to use it and when I did zumba yesterday for an hour at my church it said I burnt 835 calories. I am 5'3 and 150 pounds. Does this sound correct?

I do not want to record the calories if they are not correct. (Do not want to eat back what I really have not burned)....

Replies

• Jennicia
    Jennicia Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    it sounds about right! Zumba is a total body workout and burns mad calories. If you want to compare, go to www.zumbacalories.com, enter your weight, the intensity of your zumba workout and how long see what it says. its prob comparable.
  • KissesHugs2
    KissesHugs2 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    thank you so much for the response :) I will definitely check out the website!
  • carolinenorthrup
    carolinenorthrup Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that website!
  • twins0921
    Options
    I am new to myfitnesspal and to zumba. I just recently purchased the Sportline SX Heart Rate Monitor with a chest strap too and I wanted to know if you were still using it. If you are, how did it work for you and have you seen any results since doing zumba. thanks!
  • tiffaneenicole
    Options
    Hi Twins0921... I teach zumba and honestly, that number seems a little bit off for an hour class. Do you have your weight and age correctly entered? You should be around 600-650 calories if you are doing the moves full out.

Tiffany
    www.tiffanystaples.com
    www.heandsheeatclean.com
  • twins0921
    Options
    Hi tiffaneenicol. Thanks for responding. Good to know you're a zumba instructor. My sister-in-law is too and hopefully I'll become one one day. I recently had twin girls so I am not able to make it out to the gym as often as I would like however, my husband purchased me the zumba rush for the kinect and I have been doing it non stop!!! I LOVE IT! I'm just a little confused about the calorie calculator. i wore a calorie counting watch and the numbers were really off. After 25 to 30 kinect says around 500 to 600 and the watch has about 100. which should i believe. i don't want to think i'm doing something that i'm not. My goal is to get rid of as much baby weight as I can in a short amount of time. Thanks again for your response.
  • charmaineW83
    charmaineW83 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    THANK U FOR THE WEB SITE SUGGESTION XXXX