Blindfold diet

Options
I don' t know how many of you have tried this but it is a real eye-opener. Most of us sit down to eat a meal and try to clean our plates....don't we??? On the first night fix a plate of food the normal size you would usually eat and enjoy it to the fullest. Next night arrange the food on your plate so you know where it is and memorize it. Blindfold yourself and eat til you are full. When you take the blindfold off you will be amazed how much food is still on your plate. We let our eyes tell us we are still hungry and not to waste that extra food on the plate after we are more than full but we convince ourselves we are still needing more. Also it takes a period of I think around 20 minutes for your stomach to signal the brain that it is full so if you take small bites and chew food thoroughly before swallowing it takes longer, thus giving the brain time to receive the message that the stomach is full before you overeat. Try it and see how it works for you and then give us a post to see how effective this is as a motivational tool..........Good luck.........We are the only us we have....

Replies

• craighamilton219
    Options
    I don' t know how many of you have tried this but it is a real eye-opener. Most of us sit down to eat a meal and try to clean our plates....don't we??? On the first night fix a plate of food the normal size you would usually eat and enjoy it to the fullest. Next night arrange the food on your plate so you know where it is and memorize it. Blindfold yourself and eat til you are full. When you take the blindfold off you will be amazed how much food is still on your plate. We let our eyes tell us we are still hungry and not to waste that extra food on the plate after we are more than full but we convince ourselves we are still needing more. Also it takes a period of I think around 20 minutes for your stomach to signal the brain that it is full so if you take small bites and chew food thoroughly before swallowing it takes longer, thus giving the brain time to receive the message that the stomach is full before you overeat. Try it and see how it works for you and then give us a post to see how effective this is as a motivational tool..........Good luck.........We are the only us we have....
  • commonsensefitness
    commonsensefitness Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Try eating only vegges and I bet you eye balls will pop out and say 'WE ARE NOT HUNGRY'. Atleast working for my eyeballs.
  • craighamilton219
    Options
    lol. This is very true. Brussel sprouts-YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • natashav
    natashav Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    that sounds like a good idea and i think imma try it. :smokin:
  • Violet1980
    Options
    lol that soooo sounds like something I would do...
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Try eating only vegges and I bet you eye balls will pop out and say 'WE ARE NOT HUNGRY'. Atleast working for my eyeballs.

When I first started dieting, I would change my eating habits in week increments.

one week I would eat fruit and veggies
    then one week it was lean meats like fish and chicken and turkey
    then I would start all over and continue on like that until I really started seeing the diff.....
  • HannahRoo
    HannahRoo Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Okay, I work for a manufacturing facility where 75% of the employees are blind. When I first started, all new folks that are sighted were required to do what they call "Sensitiivty Training." A lady that rehabilitates those who have lost their sight came to speak to us. We learned to walk using a seeing eye stick and then we had to eat while blindfolded. It didn't really stick out then, but now that I think about it, I only ate about half of my meal, which was a tuna melt and french fries. Back then it wouldn't have been anything to cram the whole meal down in about 10 minutes. Being blindfolded, I had to be careful about eating so I didn't make a mess and that caused me to slow down. Now that I think about it, it probably took me 25 minutes to eat half of my meal! But, just as a warning, wear clothing that you don't mind getting ketchup on!