Kettlebell Training

2»

Replies

• FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    How would you log in a kettlebell workout in MFP? Cardio? Strength? Please Advise...

I just made my own entry, calling it "kettlebell cardio."

I should add that I log mine as a cardio workout.
  • Balice57
    Balice57 Posts: 125
    I love my kettlebell. Nothing gets my heart rate up faster, and I'm not sore afterwards. Check out Michael Skogg. He has a set of DVDs that I just bought, and he is a good teacher and very concerned with the correct form. I bought a set of gloves from his website as my wrists aren't strong and I am not yet good at form on some of the moves. The gloves will help me keep good form.
  • Thanks! I am doing the training thru my gym. You really need to learn the proper form so you don't hurt yourself - especially your back. I had forgotten about the heart rate moniter! Duh! I will wear mine when I do the workouts to determine the calories burned and add that to the chart under Cardio Strength Training. I just got the Fitbit tracker too - I am hoping it's better than the std. HRM as I am sick of wearing the chest strap all day at work.....
  • skullik
    skullik Posts: 142 Member
    bump!
  • shoosh413
    shoosh413 Posts: 26 Member
    bump
  • One of my fitness lens about Kettlebell Workouts and Exercise :

http://www.squidoo.com/kettlebellt-exercises

I tried my best to share so many tips about kettlebells workouts here including soooo many videos .

Enjoy !
  • liakov
    liakov Posts: 1
    As a certified KB trainer , exercise Physiologist and National Physique Competetor I highly recommend Kettlebells as the most functional training and fat burning exercise. After reading through the feed I am happy to see so many of you enjoying what is by far the most effective exercise to building lean muscle mass while getting better cardio benefits than any other typical cardio exercise.
    I do however suggest that anyone interested in starting a Kettlebell routine find a reputable certified Kettelbell instructor and learn proper movement and form. Without doing so you will not get the best benefits of the exercises and you will most likely incur injury over time. Along with that you will be teaching your body and muscle memory the wrong types of movements which will lead to injury immediately or over time from developing muscular imbalance and poor technique .

Yes, there are great videos out there on the market... However stay AWAY from "Jillian Micheals" NOT, NOT NOT SAFE and completely INCORRECT FORM!
    Yet let me advise even with the videos that are from actual RKC certified trainers you can not learn and correct improper movement by watching a video.. This is done by working one on one or in a small group session with a RKC instructor or another reputable Kettelbell certification instructor ... please do your homework when finding a trainer/ instructor your health depends on it. Learn proper form and function and then incorporate the videos into your plan once your body has learned proper technique. It is not fun as a instructor to try to fix improper technique and body movement to clients who decided to try to build a house without a solid foundation.

Trust that if you acquire a professional to get you started and lay down the proper foundation the overall Health benefits and your gains will far exceed anything you can imagine and you will not risk the high injury rate of those doing it wrong.
    Sorry people but I have yet to meet any person who has tried to learn from a video that was not doing things COMPLETELY incorrect and it was 100 times harder trying to correct their imperfections then if they started with the proper foundation to begin with.

I don't think any of you would build your house without having a solid foundation... So why would you take the most important gift being your body and health and not give that a solid foundation too? The money it cost to invest in yourself is nothing compared to the money you WILL SAVE on medical bills later.

Anyway, any questions please feel free to ask.

Be Strong, Be Blessed, Be Happy
  • dxtra30
    dxtra30 Posts: 498 Member
    Anybody take any Kettlebell training classes at their local YMCA ? If so how did it go?
  • Mrskmacca
    Mrskmacca Posts: 44 Member
    As a certified KB trainer , exercise Physiologist and National Physique Competetor I highly recommend Kettlebells as the most functional training and fat burning exercise. After reading through the feed I am happy to see so many of you enjoying what is by far the most effective exercise to building lean muscle mass while getting better cardio benefits than any other typical cardio exercise.
    I do however suggest that anyone interested in starting a Kettlebell routine find a reputable certified Kettelbell instructor and learn proper movement and form. Without doing so you will not get the best benefits of the exercises and you will most likely incur injury over time. Along with that you will be teaching your body and muscle memory the wrong types of movements which will lead to injury immediately or over time from developing muscular imbalance and poor technique .

Yes, there are great videos out there on the market... However stay AWAY from "Jillian Micheals" NOT, NOT NOT SAFE and completely INCORRECT FORM!
    Yet let me advise even with the videos that are from actual RKC certified trainers you can not learn and correct improper movement by watching a video.. This is done by working one on one or in a small group session with a RKC instructor or another reputable Kettelbell certification instructor ... please do your homework when finding a trainer/ instructor your health depends on it. Learn proper form and function and then incorporate the videos into your plan once your body has learned proper technique. It is not fun as a instructor to try to fix improper technique and body movement to clients who decided to try to build a house without a solid foundation.

Trust that if you acquire a professional to get you started and lay down the proper foundation the overall Health benefits and your gains will far exceed anything you can imagine and you will not risk the high injury rate of those doing it wrong.
    Sorry people but I have yet to meet any person who has tried to learn from a video that was not doing things COMPLETELY incorrect and it was 100 times harder trying to correct their imperfections then if they started with the proper foundation to begin with.

I don't think any of you would build your house without having a solid foundation... So why would you take the most important gift being your body and health and not give that a solid foundation too? The money it cost to invest in yourself is nothing compared to the money you WILL SAVE on medical bills later.

Anyway, any questions please feel free to ask.

Be Strong, Be Blessed, Be Happy

So what's up with Jillians DVD? I've done it should i stop? I've favourited a fitnessblender kettle bell workout do you think that one is ok?

http://www.fitnessblender.com/v/exercise-detail/Beginner-Kettlebell-Workout-Kells-Kettlebells-Routine/a7/
  • dxtra30
    dxtra30 Posts: 498 Member

So what's up with Jillians DVD? I've done it should i stop? I've favourited a fitnessblender kettle bell workout do you think that one is ok?

http://www.fitnessblender.com/v/exercise-detail/Beginner-Kettlebell-Workout-Kells-Kettlebells-Routine/a7/
    Thanks for the link.. This seems like a decent beginner vid..
  • Mrskmacca
    Mrskmacca Posts: 44 Member
    So I just did 30DS level 2 and then the fitness blender kettlebell and clocked 475 calories in an hour! That's awesome! Really enjoyed kettlebelling lol.