Bicycle or Elliptical??

Options
polarsjewel
polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
My husband has given me a choice for my birthday this year - do I want a bike or an elliptical? I can't choose, as they both have pros and cons. If the decision were up to you - what would you choose and why?

Replies

• Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Lucky You!

Eliptical - you burn a heck of a lot more calories in the same amount of time.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Get an elliptical, because if you really want a stationary bike, you can always get a special stand that allows you to use your regular bike in a stationary position. ;)

http://www.amazon.com/Bell-Motivator-Indoor-Bicycle-Trainer/dp/B000AAYBWS
  • arfog
    arfog Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I like the bike better, but it' really up to which you like better!
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    #teamElliptical Burns alot more calories, you can always buy a real bike
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    Which do you enjoy more? I like both for different reasons but I generally will jump on an elliptical before I'd jump on a bike. It just comes down to which one you think you would be more prone to using since they are both great ways to get you moving. :flowerforyou:
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Try both if you can. Personally, I can't stand more than ten minutes on an elliptical, the stride just annoys me.
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Elliptical for sure...You can change the inclines, tension, and so much more doing that....I am sure a bike is good...but I think you will get better results from the elliptical...
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    Elliptical. better burn, works more areas of the body, doesn't make your tush sore if you are on it for an hour. :tongue:
  • _EmmaStrong_
    _EmmaStrong_ Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Definitely the elliptical - it will BURN a lot more calories and get your heart rate up faster. You can use it, no matter what the weather is outside.
  • smileymel27
    smileymel27 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Eliptical - you burn a heck of a lot more calories in the same amount of time.

I agree. Also, it doesn't give you bike-butt (soreness from sitting on the bench).
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Ellipticals do not burn more in the same amount of time as a bike. It all depends on how hard you are pushing your workout. That being said, you work more of your body with one over a stationary bike...

For those that say the stationary bike burns less...turn up your workout on the bike...slackers.
  • OfficialPR
    OfficialPR Posts: 1,610 Member
    Options
    Bicycle...
  • Teapotdomescam
    Options
    #teamElliptical Burns alot more calories, you can always buy a real bike

EXACTLY.
  • angng
    angng Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Get a bike that you can ride outside.
  • angng
    angng Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Get a bike that you can ride outside.

Have him throw in a stationary trainer so you can use it inside too.
  • crawpapa
    crawpapa Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Neither, get a Concept2 Rower for a killer workout, back, bi's, shoulders, legs....and the pain.