HRM Questions

Options
:flowerforyou: Hi there!
i've noticed a lot of people on here use HRM and i was wondering, where you purchased them.which ones are best and do they really help you monitor what you're burning accurately? Any and all info would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• TONYAGOOCH
    TONYAGOOCH Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I just purchased a MIO. Haven't had a chance to use it yet cuz I hurt my knee but plan on it in the next few days. I got mine from Academy Sports but I know you can get them online or at Best Buy or and maybe a nutrition store.
  • lutkica01
    lutkica01 Posts: 65
    Options
    I bought my Polar F4 at Target. It was decent price, plus if you get a target debit card you get 5% off all your purchases.
    I really like it. it has helped me a lot since I started doing this.
  • 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I'm a big Polar fan. They are accurate and they last. I have an FT60, but only because I won it. The FT4 is a great, affordable HRM.
  • akjmart2002
    akjmart2002 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I have used the Polar FT7 and the FT40. Both are great.

The FT40 is ostensibly more accurate because it can extrapolate your V02Max, or if you know your V02 you can input it yourself.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Polar ftw. I love my FT7.
  • ashielovesdashie88
    Options
    thank all of you so much this helps me out a whole lot! :smile:
  • BeesKnees181
    BeesKnees181 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    My first HRM was a Timex, and I loved it but have since upgraded to a Garmin. The Timex is still going strong...I sold it to a friend who uses it religiously. She just recently replaced the chest strap (which considering the thing has been used everyday for the past 3 years...I would say isn't too bad---the new strap cost $25). I bought the Timex HRM at a running store, and I bought my Garmin online. The Garmin 300 is bulky, but it helps me track miles more accurately when I run. It is a great way to track workouts. But, for starting out I would say a simple HRM (nothing more than $100) should do you just fine.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    i have a suunto t4d, it is dead on accurate on everything, even weight lifting and i can wear it all day and it will give me an accurate daily burn
    it costs around $160 though
  • Razkler14
    Razkler14 Posts: 74
    Options
    I too have the Polar FT7 and LOVE IT! The company is extremely helpful as well... Any of their products are good. You can order straight from their site or I bought mine at Sports Authority! You will be addicted to it!