What's your favorite healthy recipe that your family loves?

Options
misslouisiana
misslouisiana Posts: 37 Member
I am looking for recipes that are healthy but that the kids and hubby will like.

Replies

• 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast, fresh salsa, & black beans. Put chicken & salsa in crockpot on high for four hours. During last half hour or so add one can of drained & rinsed black beans. Serve with green salad. My kids love it!
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Turkey burgers! I make mine homemade, I mix in 2 tbsp McCormick garlic pepper to a 1 lbs roll, and then use my food scale to measure out 1/4 pound patties. Then I pair them with homemade baked fries, (about 4 large potatoes)I coat with of 2 tbsp. olive oil, 1 tbsp. paprika, 1 tbsp. onion powder, and 1 tsp. garlic powder, then bake at 425 for 30 minutes. I don't have kids, but my husband love's it, and he's a very picky eater.
  • ErnieM88
    ErnieM88 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    i make falafel with pitta bread, homous and salad
  • pammyiam
    pammyiam Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My family loves this crockpot recipe. Sometimes I substitute ground chicken for the turkey.

http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/rcp/RecipePage.aspx?recipeId=95071
  • Jrowl41280
    Options
    Have a lasagna recipe that gives you a pretty healthy portion for about 300 calories.

Also working on tweaking a stromboli recipe. Was just under 300 calories for a decent size portion and everyone loved it, but got some different ingerdients to get it under 250, just need to see if everyone will love it as much.