This is it

Options
Hi there, new to the site.

I've decided today is the day I stop making excuses for mysef on putting off getting healthy. I'm scared and confused but I can't let it stop me - right? I am going on vacation for the first time ever with my partner in July and I want to feel so much better by then. I'm a 22 year old woman and this should be the time of my life where my body should be at its best! Looking to go down probably about 50 pounds total.

I guess I'm just saying hi. So hi everyone!

Replies

• SaraEllie80
    SaraEllie80 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I was in the same boat... making the excuses to not do something about my body. You'll find some great people who definitely help to keep you accountable!

Friend request on the way!
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me..... Getting healthy is the best most life changing decision I've ever made!! Started January 2011 and have lost 110lbs since then and become a gym rat, and all around healthy person. Everyone I know is still shocked by the transformation.

Check out my blog if you like - marysforkandspoon.blogspot.com

SW 303.4 (1/1/11)
    CW 193.2 (down 110.2lbs)
    GW 160
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Most of the battle is in your mind.... Own it, or it will own you.......30 years ago, there was always tomorrow...then there were kids, then demamdimg career.... well, now I am fifty... and I finally got it.... its so much harder now, then it would have been then... hindsight and all that!!!! You can do it....
  • orangecrayon
    orangecrayon Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    We were all like that in the beginning, but it's so awesome you're taking action! Welcome to MFP!!! Friend request on the way :)
  • Tonya509
    Tonya509 Posts: 19
    Options
    Hello.

I am new also. Just found this site last night. I know exactly how you feel. I finally got to the point where I know I need to do this for me and only me. I was in a relationship for three years and lost myself completely. You will do great!
  • aejohnson7
    aejohnson7 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Like you, I'm ready to stop making excuses. I could definitely use some support too. Best of luck - friend request on the way. :)