Biggest Loser - Is it safe to discuss now????

Options
Shannon023
Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
:bigsmile:

Sooooooo...I'm guessing Paul didn't show up because he didn't lose an ounce & was too embarrassed.
Happy Bernie won the $100k. (Soooooo glad it wasn't Mark!)
Why did Bob dress like Thurston Howell III?? :laugh:

And I can't WAIT for the next season!!! :drinker:

Replies

• Shannon023
    Options

Sooooooo...I'm guessing Paul didn't show up because he didn't lose an ounce & was too embarrassed.

• crystalicfusion
    Options
    I saw Bernie win, but who was the biggest looser? I fell asleep:sad:
  • Caramel Cutie
    Options
    IT WAS ALI!!!! She lost over 130 pounds in less than six months, and walked away with $250,000 smackeroos!!! :happy:
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I thought the same thing last night (about Paul). But when I went onto ivillage and they said that Paul has had 2 major surgies since he left the show (after pneumonia). Here's what they posted from his blog on ivillage.

HEre's what I copied and pasted.

I was just over at iVillage BL Blog reading the comments about Paul. One of his family members posted in response to a negative comment about Paul's family not being supportive and about the way Paul behaved at home. They posted:

"Our whole family has been motivated to eat better and exercise more. What you do not know, and what the show has not revealed, is that Paul has had two emergency surgeries - after the pneumonia. He has lost a section of his intestines, his appendix and has a colostomy. Due to the severity of infection within Paul's body, the fact that he lost so much weight contributed to his survival. Paul is still recovering in the hospital and is dealing with a lot of pain. He has been hurt deeply by all the negative comments and misrepresentations."
  • Caramel Cutie
    Options
    Did Bernie not look like Donnie Osmond when he lost weight!!!!???? :laugh:
  • cmccune712
    cmccune712 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on the fact that Paul didn't show up because he didn't lose any weight!!

I still love Roger even though he didn't win!!!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    Yes it's safe to discuss. lol
    Yeah I was glad for Bernie too!
    Ali won the Biggest Loser. It's about time a girl won!
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Yes it's safe to discuss. lol
    Yeah I was glad for Bernie too!
    Ali won the Biggest Loser. It's about time a girl won!

I wanted a woman to win, but I wanted it to be Kelli. Ali was too "in your face" for me.

Brittany's beautiful, but I thought she would have lost more weight then what she has. Amanda, Mallory, Curtis, (Dan's mom...can't think of her name) looked amazing though!! :happy:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options

I do remember that Paul was sick in his "after he got home" segment. That poor guy. It really was a sad case, as he'd obviously not moved on from his marriage to Kelly (who looked amazing. It was so beautiful to see her before and after difference. She went from dead behind the eyes to alive!)

So happy for Bernie! It was nice to see him break the "longest time on campus, but not a finalist" streak for the 100,000.

And Roger is hot! (c'mon ladies, those eyes are really nice!)

I was very curious about Bob's ensemble. (um. . . dude, the tie goes outside the shirt)

Ali was stunning.
  • dragonscapes24
    Options
    I am soooooo happy that Ali won... I have been rooting for her the whole season... mostly because she reminds me of myself... And if she could do it then so can I... I am also glad that bernie won the at home prize... he seems to be a really good and upbeat person... I wish I could go on the show... I know that I could follow in Ali's footsteps...

Jenn
  • Shannon023
    Options

I do remember that Paul was sick in his "after he got home" segment. That poor guy. It really was a sad case, as he'd obviously not moved on from his marriage to Kelly (who looked amazing. It was so beautiful to see her before and after difference. She went from dead behind the eyes to alive!)

So happy for Bernie! It was nice to see him break the "longest time on campus, but not a finalist" streak for the 100,000.

And Roger is hot! (c'mon ladies, those eyes are really nice!)

I was very curious about Bob's ensemble. (um. . . dude, the tie goes outside the shirt)

Ali was stunning.

I didn't know Paul had been that sick. Hopefully the weight loss wasn't too little/too late for him. :frown:

And mega-ditto about Roger!! Hubba-hubba!!! :love:
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Happy that Ali won, I was pushing for her or Kelly it is about time a girl won. They all looked fantastic and Bernie winning the eliminated players competition was wonderful as well he was such a little cutie, so was dan though. Go Ali!!!! Luv ya girl!!!! You did it!!!!
  • bjigglepants
    Options
    i was glad to see a woman finally won! i was rooting for kelly. i loved her to pieces. i think ali was confident in herself and rightfully so. everyone looked great, past and present!

too bad about paul :( i hope he has a speedy recovery. and yes, you could tell he still loved kelly.

i couldn't stand roger *harf*. i had a big problem with that "good ol' boy" arrogance.
  • dshandt
    dshandt Posts: 192
    Options
    I wanted a woman to win, but I wanted it to be Kelli. Ali was too "in your face" for me.

Yeah, I know what you mean, but I think she had to develop that side of herself in order to pump herself up to do all of the hard work and win! I take my hat off to all of the Losers!!!!
  • debbz40
    debbz40 Posts: 12
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Yay! A girl finally won! I too was rooting for Kelly tho. She was the underdog of the 3 left. I always go for the underdog. They all really looked great. Glad Bernie won the $100,000. I didn't want Mark to win.
    Dan's mom is Jackie. I thought she really looked fantastic! Almost like Courtney Thorne Smith with the hair. This was a great season and I can't wait for the next!!! :flowerforyou:
  • meme2018
    meme2018 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    That's was a great season. I'm happy that Bernie won. That 1 pound stop Mark again. Finally a women Biggest Loser. Ali and Kelly looked amazing. :happy: :happy: :drinker: :drinker:

I'm ready for the next season.
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I remember Bob saying on an earlier episode that "this is the season of one pound" - meaning that one pound often made the difference in who went home. So it was interesting that Bernie ended up winning the at-home challenge over Mark by just 1 pound. But I love Bernie, so I was really glad that he won. He looks awesome, and is just such a fun and nice guy. I remember how during one of the challenges, Kelli was struggling and wasn't sure she could finish, and Bernie hung back with her, jogging slowly, and helped push her to go the distance. I really respected him for that.

But Ali!! Oh my gosh, she is amazing! It was nice that it wasn't even close - she had 47+% of weight loss, while the next closest people (finalist or at-home) were in the 45% range. She won fair and square - despite all the gameplay and silly reality show twists, the person who lost the highest percentage overall really did take home the prize. My husband was saying, "Damn - she looks like Jillian!" A lot of people look good, but she looks like a trainer! :glasses:

I was sorry to hear about Kelli's back problems, and I'm sure that kept her from working out as hard and losing as much weight as she might have otherwise. But I'm so glad that she's done so well, and clearly is gaining a confidence that she didn't have before. I'm not sure that Paul was a good influence, though - it seemed like she really stepped up her game and starting pushing herself after he left.

And I agree that Bob's tie inside the shirt was a little bizarre... :laugh: But Jillian looked lovely! :flowerforyou:
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    IT WAS ALI!!!! She lost over 130 pounds in less than six months, and walked away with $250,000 smackeroos!!! :happy:

Oh my gosh! I am so sad I missed it. I was home watching a movie, too!

and 130 lbs in six months, WOW WOW WOW!
  • bjigglepants
    Options
    jillian cleaned up nice *L*

i think ali lost 112, not 130....either way...wow