What Not to Do .. My Story !!!

Options
2»

Replies

• mummma
    mummma Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    i lost load doing p90x, not as much as you... but i also got back into bad habits and now im back where i started.... but more determined than ever !!
  • MyTime1985
    MyTime1985 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    You can do it again and please don't think you are the only one that has done this!
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Bravo! I felt the exact same way and started getting healthier because of my two children. I, too, am a single parent and the thought of having a heart attack and my family being finanically demolished if I survived or emotionally and financially demolished if I didn't really got to me. When my children were little, everything was all about them. Then, one day, my boss asked me if I was 'okay' after I had gone down one flight of stairs and back up - I was short of breath and sweating... from one flight of stairs. I knew that I wasn't okay.... I knew that I was slowly losing a battle against my weight - I had almost given up fighting. Then, I knew that I would leave my children in such a mess if I didn't get my act together. I started walking at lunch time and eating less (which gave me the time to walk and soothe my hungry belly - cutting back on food volume is crazy hard at first!!!). I got some weights for strength training at home and had no idea how to use them or what to do... so, I Googled some basic exercises and worked on lifting light and long versus heavy and short (weight vs. sets for those interested and just starting out). I wanted to build some muscle and some stamina because I needed both. I felt so much better with each lb. I lost and I'm still fighting the good fight. Some days are harder than others, but every single day, I'm worth fighting for. Thank you for sharing your story and allowing me a kindred place to share mine. Anyone who's still reading (I know, right?!?!?) can feel free to send me a FR - no message required. I know why we're here... :)
  • monjet13
    monjet13 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me and I just started over last week! You can friend me if you like.
  • jenna0215
    jenna0215 Posts: 62
    Options
    You can do it! It's obvious you have the strength and determination, not to mention those children to keep you going :-) I would love to watch your journey and cheer you on. I am new to MFP. I lost 30 pounds on Weight Watchers and hope to continue losing on here with the help and support of these awesome people. I'm sending a friend request. Good luck!
  • gumby101ca
    gumby101ca Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    i just wanted to take a minute to thank everyone that has read my post, responded and alot of you have even added me as a friend. i look forward to learning more and each and everyone of you and hearing about your healthy lifestyle goals, best wishes and good luck. WE CAN DO THIS TOGETHER !!!
  • goaliema
    goaliema Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hey Gumby... Sorry to hear of your fall..but glad that you have the ability and desire to hop back on the wagon. We are all here for you as you have been for many of us! You know you can do this. Remember these four simple words as they will empower you beyond.... "I am worth it" !!! You are and your kidlets believe you are! Never let anyones actions or words tell you any different. So when the hot summer days, co workers and friends taunt you with a refreshing beer...one after another...and then perhaps a few more...lol remember..all the effort and personal goals you have achieved and want to achieve! You can do this and YOU ARE WORTH IT!!!!

All the best
    Goaliema