Proud mommy, ready for new body!!

Options
My name is Britney!! I have a one and a half year old son. Before I got pregnant I fluctuated between 145 and 150lbs. I gained 25 pounds during my pregnancy, which is normal, and started to lose it after, but didn't keep it off. I now weigh 177 and I want to fit back into my size 6 jeans!! I want to lose at least 30 pounds, but anything would be amazing!! I am looking to start eating better and working out every day. My son takes a 2 hour nap every day so that will be my workout time. I love my son to death. He is a runner and a climber and I HATE getting out of breath chasing after him. I'm ready to be in shape, and look good. Mostly for myself. My boyfriend of 5 years loves me how I am, BUT I am doing this for me. I hate the way I look in pictures, and I want to LOVE the way I look. I want to be proud of myself. I want to feel attractive and not feel like I jiggle when I walk (ew, sorry for the bad image!! Lol) I'm ready for change and I'm ready to be even happier than I am now. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!! I'm so excited for the new me!!

Replies

• qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    You can do it, girl. You had already taken the first step. Good luck on your journey.
  • BritSchuler
    Options
    Thank you!! I appreciate the support!!
  • obum88
    obum88 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I am also a mommy, you will be amazed at what you can be doing workout and diet wise 30 days from now. Commit for short periods andby the time you know you have worked out 10, 20, 30 days in a row. Keep at it and don't stay off track if you get off track.
  • BritSchuler
    Options
    Thanks!! I can't wait to see how much better I'll feel!!
  • mslacimae1991
    mslacimae1991 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Laci. I also have a son who's a runner and climber. He just turned 18 months on the 6th. I'm still trying to figure out this whole weight loss as well but we can give each other tips along the way. I need to lose about 30 pounds. I had a c-section and I'm trying to get rid of the dreaded "mother's apron" around my belly.
  • juliefurry
    Options
    I feel ya! I have 2 kids, my "baby" will be 6 tomorrow (time FLIES)! Just keep at it you'll get to where you want to be. You didn't gain the weight overnight so it won't come off overnight!
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Its a wonderful site to help you-I started using this site 4 weeks after having my last little one and I'm still going strong on here. Good luck and stay focused-you'll achieve your goals!
  • rwong53
    rwong53 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Laci. I also have a son who's a runner and climber. He just turned 18 months on the 6th. I'm still trying to figure out this whole weight loss as well but we can give each other tips along the way. I need to lose about 30 pounds. I had a c-section and I'm trying to get rid of the dreaded "mother's apron" around my belly.

I just gave birth 8 weeks ago and am shocked by the flabby sack my gut has become! I've never had a flat tummy, but this is the first time I've had love handles and saggy skin. I hope I can work it off and wish you lots of luck with your "apron"!
  • xonicolette
    xonicolette Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm at stay at home mom also and a mother to a 6 month old baby boy. I sent you a request =) I'm glad to help anyone with motivation in their journey!
  • mslacimae1991
    Options
    Thanks! Good luck to you too! It gets better! My belly isn't nearly as jiggly and flabby as it was a couple months after I had him but it definitely doesn't look how I wish it'd look. lol!
  • mandamommy3
    mandamommy3 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    HI, I'm also a Mommy, I've got three under 5. My youngest turns 2 in July. You've already made progress by starting up here. You will be amazed at what kind of work you can accomplish during nap time. (Mine don't nap regularly any more :( ) Once you get in the swing of things you won't even realize how far you've gone.
  • rrhennen
    rrhennen Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You can totally do this! I was actually even smaller after having my daughter then I was before her and after gaining about 60 pounds during pg. Don't get frustrated, sometimes it take a little time! And every little bit counts. If you can, workout with your son around. My daughter is now 4 and she loves to "workout" with me. I love that I'm instilling in her great examples of health and empowerment. So much better then the "who cares if you are full, it tastes good, eat more" mentality then I grew up on!
  • JustinaSwavolaWillis
    Options
    You sound just like me! Good luck! You can do it :)
  • mslacimae1991
    Options
    Oh PS: The shapewear tank tops at Walmart work wonders for smoothing out the love handles. lol! I wear one under my shirts and tuck it into my pants.
  • mlpeep777
    mlpeep777 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've got 5 kids under 8 yrs old and have about 30 more lbs to pre-baby. I do my workouts after they all go to bed. Do you have a workout plan? Like a system you are going to do? I've been doing Insanity but not every day like I should.
  • BritSchuler
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all of your responses!! I am really happy I joined, it seems like there is so much support here!! It's great. Anyone who is looking for support or someone to talk to as well, add me, message me, anything!! I'll be there for you as much as possible!! I set MFP as my home page for my internet so it will pop up first thing!! I also still have that pooch type thing right in the front of my stomach.. It seems like that's that hardest thing for any mom to get rid of!! AND mslacimae1991 I ALWAYS look at those tanktops and never have gotten one.. Always been so tempted, but now that you say that about love handles, I might have to get one, until I get smaller!! It would be nice for everything to at least APPEAR tighter for now. Lol I am really looking forward to using this site everyday.